Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Recipe (with or without veggies)
Our air fryer pork tenderloin recipe is super easy. It’s a great way to have a wholesome and delicious dinner ready for the whole family. The textures and flavors are fantastic by air frying the tenderloin.
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Air fried pork tenderloin is a real game changer, especially if you like your pork to have a nice outside sear or crust. The hot circulating air of the air fryer cooks pork tenderloin wonderfully and it’s a game changer. Add carrots and potatoes for a complete hearty meal. Or leave out the carrots and potatoes for a keto, low carb air fryer pork tenderloin dinner. Add asparagus or zucchini to complete the keto friendly meal. The possibilities are endless and it’ll be hard to go back to cooking this pork roast any other way.
Video making Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin with Veggies and Onion Gravy
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin in Air Fryer (Tips)
- Tenderloins vary in size, so adjust your timing if you’re using a tenderloin that’s larger than 1 pound. Our recipe is based off a 1 pound tenderloin.
- Air fryer models vary too and some cook hotter. So if you’re cooking your first tenderloin, check often to make sure it’s not overcooked. From there, you’ll know more about what the best time is based on your specific air fryer.
- Add what ever personal seasonings, spices or rubs that you want. If you’re using a dry rub, are sure to oil spray the rubbed tenderloin when you cook it so the herbs don’t burn.
- For a low carb, keto version use keto friendly veggies like asparagus and zucchini.
- Save the juices to add to the gravy. This adds extra flavor.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Difference between a pork tenderloin vs. pork loin
A tenderloin is thinner, longer and more narrow than a pork loin. So the pork tenderloin will cook a little quicker than the fatter, flatter pork loin. This recipe is for a pork tenderloin, the thinner cut. But if you’re wanting to air fry a pork loin, you will need to add more cooking time.
How long to Air Fry Pork Tenderloin or Loin?
Everyone has a different preference for how cooked they like their loin or tenderloin. Based on the info provided by the pork board: Cook the tenderloin or loin your preferred doneness or until center internal temperature reaches 145-160°F (63-71°C). It is best to use an instant read thermometer to check the pork to make sure it’s cooked through. This meat thermometer is great. If you want a quicker air fryer pork for dinner, try our air fryer pork bites.
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin with Carrots, Potatoes and Onion Gravy
FOR THE TENDERLOIN:
- 1 – 1.5 lb. (454 – 680 g) pork tenderloin
- 1/2 lb. (227 g) potatoes , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large carrot , cut into 1” cubes
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil , or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder , or onion powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) dried herbs
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon (2.5-5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
FOR THE GRAVY:
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 medium onion , diced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) flour
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken or beef broth
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- In large bowl combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Whisk ingredients together. Add tenderloin, potatoes and carrots. Stir to coat everything with marinade.
- Lay tenderloin, potatoes and carrots in air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 370°F/190°C for 15 minutes. Flip the tenderloin and stir the vegetables.
- Continue to Air Fry for another 10-15 minutes, or to your preferred doneness or until center temperature reaches 145-160°F (63-71°C). If the vegetables are to your preference and the pork tenderloin isn't finished yet, take out the veggies and continue to air fry the tenderloin until it is cooked to your liking. It is best to use an instant read thermometer to check the tenderloin's doneness.
- WHILE PORK IS COOKING, MAKE THE GRAVY: Heat large skillet on medium heat. Melt the butter and add onions. Cook onions until golden and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Stir onions often so they don’t burn.
- Whisk together flour and broth until well combined. Pour the mixture into the pan. Add Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to Low, stirring often, and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes depending on your preferred thickness. When pork and vegetables are finished cooking, transfer to a platter and cover. Let rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm with gravy on top.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Freezing, Storing and Reheating Leftover Pork
Storing the pork in the freezer is simple. Place any leftover pork in an airtight container or bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. When it comes time to reheating the pork , allow the pork to thaw in the fridge for about a day. Then you can microwave the pork for about 1-2 minutes.
Here’s more of our easy air fryer recipes:
Check out our full collection of Air Fryer Pork Recipes to Enjoy!
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper wrapped in bacon
- Easy Air Fryer Easter Recipes
- Taotronics air fryer review
- Air fryer Frozen Pancakes
- Chicken Wings for super bowl
- We love these air fryer pork chops! These are the breaded ones
- Juicy air fryer pork chops
- How to re-heat leftover pizza
- If you make any of our recipes please let us know in the comments below. Or if you have a photo, tag us at #airfryerworld on social media because we’d love to see your delicious creations!
- This recipe originally published in 2021.