Air Fryer Parmesan White Fish
One of our favorite weeknight dinners to make is this air fryer parmesan white fish. It’s so simple to make and keto friendly too. The flavors of this air fryer parmesan crusted fish are fantastic and low carb.
Best Air Fryer Parmesan White Fish Recipe
We call ours the best because that’s been the response from everyone who has made this. Our technique is simple and quick. Even our test kitchen and recipe testers are in love with this easy white fish recipe. With no fuss ingredients, this is why our air fried parmesan crusted fish is so great. If you want to add more spices, please do so! This recipe is so adaptable to your favorite seasonings and spices.
Video: Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Fish
Tips for Air Frying Parmesan White Fish
This recipe is so simple, there’s not too many call-outs to that might make this recipe fail. But we do have some little tips and things to think about when air frying fish:
- Timing is for a flatter white fish or tilapia style of fish. If you’re air frying a thicker halibut or cod, add about another minute of cooking time. But check first about halfway through cooking to see if your specific filet needs more time. Some filets of fish vary so much, so does the style of your air fryer. Some cook hotter than others.
- No Egg in the recipe: we didn’t use egg because it just adds another ingredient that isnt necessary. We find that the grated parmesan cheese sticks fine to the oiled fish. And the fish gets more of a crispy crust without the egg. But if you want, you can still use egg.
- Try some of your favorite seasonings and spices. Chipotle, ground cumin and even steak seasoning is great on fish.
- All air fryer parmesan crusted white fish recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan White Fish with Smoked Paprika
- 2 tilapia fillets , or other white fish (about 4-6 ounces for each fillet)
- olive oil or oil spray , for coating fish
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
Garlic Parmesan Coating
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika , or to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry fish fillets. Coat fish with olive oil or oil spray. Season with salt and pepper.
- In plate or shallow bowl, combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Press fish into the cheese mixture and coat both sides of the filet.
- Place a perforated silicone mat or perforated parchment paper in air fryer basket/tray, or oil the basket/tray.
- Lay the coated fish fillets in the lined air fryer basket/tray in a single layer. Try not to have them overlap.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 8 minutes. Check the doneness of the fish. Continue to Air Fry for another 1-3 minutes or until cooked to your preference.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Ideas on how to serve this? Make Fish Sandwiches, Wraps, Salads
One of our favorite ways to serve the fish is in a sandwich or a wrap. These are a simple and filling way to make a complete meal out of these flavorful fish filets. If you want a low carb or keto meal, serve it on top of a bed of lettuce. A fish salad is always exceptional and healthy.
What to serve with white fish or tilapia in the air fryer?
For a healthy meal or keto friendly meal, vegetable sides are always the best option. If you’re ambitious or have a second air fryer, try these amazing air fryer vegetable recipes that we have in our colleciton.
Can you freeze leftovers?
Sure you can! Just store them in airtight containers or bags. Before eating, put them in the fridge to thaw before eating. You can reheat them in the microwave for a few minutes for best results. The microwave keeps the fish juicy and flavorful. If you want the fish to be crispier, just re-heat it in the air fryer for about 3-4 minutes at 360F.