Air Fryer Sweet Peppers (Mini size)
Try these air fryer sweet peppers if you’re looking for a great and quick vegetable side dish. The sweet, roasted flavors of air fryer mini peppers is fantastic and perfect with a grilled steak. Or simply as a vegetarian side dish.
Air Fryer Mini Sweet Peppers
If you love sweet peppers like we do and have always roasted them in the traditional big oven, you’re in for a life changing experience. It takes so long to just heat up the regular oven to get to temp and if we’re wanting to just roast a small batch, it takes forever. But in the air fryer, it’s so quick to start air frying mini sweet peppers. Within less than 10 minutes from start to finish, the air fried mini sweet peppers are finished and ready to devour. We’re hooked!
Video: Air Fryer Mini Sweet Peppers Recipe
Do you need to remove seeds?
This is up to you. Since these mini peppers don’t have too many seeds, it’s easy to eat them whole, as is with the seeds. These are not spicy, they’re sweet peppers. But if the texture of the seeds bothers you or if you want to chop them up to add to a salad, you can remove the seeds. Same for the stems. You can leave the stems attached if you’d like, but if you aren’t fond of the texture you can remove them either before or after air frying the peppers.
Tips for How to Air Fry Mini Sweet Peppers
- This time and temp for this recipe is for mini sized sweet peppers. Suggestions for the larger regular sized peppers are discussed below recipe.
- Cook a little longer: we like to cook the mini peppers for a few extra minutes for that extra toasted and charred texture. The crispy charred edges really add extra flavor to the peppers.
- Add your favorite seasonings and spices. Smoked paprika, lemon pepper, bbq spices or curry are great options to give these peppers more flavor.
- We give you two options: one is to air fry the whole pepper or to halve it.
- If you love stuffed peppers, try our air fryer stuffed peppers recipe with taco meat.
- All air fried mini sweet peppers recipe are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil or oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- salt and pepper , to taste
For Air Frying Whole Mini Peppers:
- Rinse and pat dry the mini sweet bell peppers. Put whole mini sweet peppers to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil or spray to coat with oil, then season with salt, pepper and seasoning. Stir evenly.
- Lay whole mini sweet peppers in air fryer basket/tray a single layer.
- Air Fry 400°F/205°C for 8 minutes. Flip the peppers and check for doneness.
- If desired, continue to Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for another 2-4 minutes or to your preferred doneness.
For Halved Peppers
- Rinse and pat dry the mini sweet bell peppers. Cut peppers in half and remove the seeds (a spoon makes removing the seeds quick and easy). Remove stems if desired.
- Add halved peppers to a bowl. Drizzle with oil, then add seasonings.
- Spread halved peppers in air fryer basket/tray in a single layer.
- Air Fry 400°F/205°C for 6 minutes. Flip the peppers and check for doneness.
- If desired, continue to Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for another 1-3 minutes or to your preferred doneness.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Air Fry Time for Large Bell Peppers?
For the regular larger sized bell peppers, timing is a little longer. Follow the instructions below but air fry these larger sweet bell peppers for an additional 3-5 minutes, OR until they are cooked to your preference. We like them a little charred and burnt on the edges. The flavors really come out when they’re cooked a little longer.
What to serve with these mini sweet peppers?
We were snacking on these mini peppers and they’re perfect for just that! It’s a healthy way to enjoy them as a snack, especially if you seasoned them well. But beyond snacking, here’s more different ideas to serve these awesome little vegggies:
- They’re great as a side dish along grilled or air fried meats. Try them with our cornish game hens, air fryer steak, air fried pork chops or rosemary garlic air fryer lamb chops or lamb loin chops.
- Add them to more air fryer vegetable side dishes for a great way of adding more veggies to your menu.
- They’re great for breakfast with any egg dish. Check out our big collection of breakfast recipes in the air fryer.
- Serve these as part of your appetizer platter. These air fried mini sweet peppers are fantastic when paired with cheeses, dips or part of any party platter. Here’s some of our air fryer appetizer ideas and inspiration that you can add these sweet peppers to.
- Any other ways that you want to use these peppers? Share your ideas below. We’d love to see how you’re enjoying these little snack sweet peppers.
What type of sweet peppers for air frying ?
Normally, the standard mini sweet peppers are sold in bags at your local grocery market. These are typically the mini bell variety. But there’s many other varieties of peppers to air fry. Here’s a great article on different varieties of sweet peppers.