Air Fryer Green Beans
We’re fans of green beans over here and can eat it several times a week! These green beans are crazy good and super easy air fryer recipe! Low carb and delicious, our air fryer green beans are a favorite anytime of year.
Easy Air Fried Green Beans in Air Fryer
One you learn to quickly cook these air fried green beans, you’ll be obsessed. These air fried green beans are so cooked perfectly without having to blanche them. The texture is plump and perfect. If you like crispy green beans with a little bit of char, then just cook them for a little longer! The olive oil and garlic flavor on them is fantastic but squeeze a little lemon juice for a brighter flavor.
Video Making Green Beans in the Air Fryer:
How To Step-By-Step Photos
- Use fresh green beans, they taste so much better. Sure, you can use frozen green beans but they are often more mushy and soft. If you’re air frying frozen green beans, you might need to reduce time by about 2 minutes. But check the frozen green beans during air frying to make sure they are cooked the way you like.
- Wash and cut green beans. Add oil and seasonings, salt and pepper. Try different types of seasonings if you want.
- Air fry until tender and crispy or until it’s to your preferred texture. we like our green beans a little on the crispy side.
- It helps to shake and stir the green beans at least once during cooking. This will ensure that all the green beans cook evenly.
- All recipe details with step by step photos are in the recipe box below.
Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh green beans , ends trimmed and halved
- 1-2 Tablespoons (15 ml) olive oil or spray
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Fresh lemon slices
- Trim ends of green beans and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine green beans, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to make sure ingredinets are combined. Toss the green beans in the marinade then lay the green beans in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Air Fry 360°F (182°C) for about 10-14 minutes depending on your preferred doneness. Toss and shake about 2 times during cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with lemon slices or wedges
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Can you freeze leftover green beans?
Sure, you can freeze leftovers. Just store them in airtight containers or bags. You can store the green beans in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can re-heat them in the microwave or stir fry them with some chicken or in a fried rice. You can even add them to soups for added vegetables.
Perfect Healthy Air Fryer Side Dish
Low carb, delicious and perfect if you’re a vegetarian. Or these green beans are perfect to serve with steak, chicken or any meal that you want a quick veggie side dish. You’ll love serving these green beans on Holidays or Thanksgiving because they don’t require an oven or stove. That’s one of the benefits of having this amazing appliance as a back up cooking device. If you are already lacking stove top or oven space to cook side dishes, then these green beans are perfect. And as with most Air Fryer recipes, cooking them in the air fryer makes everyday cooking quick, clean-up easy, and still delicious! Here’s a great article on different varieties of green beans to air fry.