Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts
A great way to make a simple vegetable side dish is air fryer Parmesan Brussels sprouts. It’s a wonderful dish to serve for dinner, at potlucks or holiday meals. Make a batch of these garlic parmesan Brussels sprouts in the air fryer and your family will ask for seconds!
Easy Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
This popular vegetable is fantastic when cook in the air fryer. If you like crispy Brussels sprouts edges and cheesy flavor, this is the perfect recipe for you. The hot circulating air or the air fryer cooks the vegetables perfectly and with a nice crunchy outside texture.
This is a great garlic parmesan brussels sprouts base recipe and if you want to bring some extra flavor, play with adding some spices or seasoning mixes. A steak seasoning mix is a great addition.
Video: Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Different sizes of Brussels sprouts
- Brussels sprouts range so much in size. Some are huge (size of a large egg) while others are more around the size of a quarter, others can be as small as a nickel.
- All these different sizes means different cooking times, so keep checking the Brussels during air frying so that you can cook them to your preferred texture. We like our Brussels a little more brown and crispy! Here’s our recipe for simple crispy Brussels sprouts.
- Here’s a great article about different sizes of Brussels sprouts here by Todd & Diane
Tips on Cooking Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Par boil: If you like your Brussels sprouts a little more soft, you can boil them for about 1 minute. Then drain them and pat dry with a paper towel to remove as much water as possible. From there, continue with the recipe by adding the oil and seasonings.
- We like our Brussels a little more crispy, brown and slightly firm so that’s why we skip the par-boil method.
- Add your favorite seasonings. There’s so many spices that can give more flavor. Lemon pepper seasoning, chipotle, chili powder are a few examples of how to give your Brussels sprouts more flavor.
- Love spicy? Add drizzle of your favorite hot sauce.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb. (454 g) Brussels sprouts , ends removed and cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder or 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- oil spray , for coating
- Put Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Evenly drizzle oil and add garlic salt/ minced garlic over Brussels sprouts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss the Brussels sprouts well to completely coat with the oil and garlic. There shouldn't be any oil left pooling at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket/tray. Spray tops of Brussels sprouts with additional light layer of oil.
- Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for 10 minutes. Gently stir.
- Continue to Air Fry the Brussels sprouts for 3 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown and cooked through (may take up to 15 minutes more depending on size and tenderness of Brussels sprouts). Check regularly to make sure they don’t burn. Or cook 1-2 minutes longer if needed to get everything crispy.
- Put Brussels sprouts into a serving bowl and immediately add parmesan on top of hot Brussels sprouts.
- Cover the bowl with foil for a minute or two to melt the cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
More Easy Recipes:
- Our ultimate air fryer Thanksgiving recipes collection
- Air Fryer Chicken parmesan recipe
- Parmesan corn in the air fryer
- Popular Garlic Parmesan Chicken Bites
1 Comment on “Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts”
This is a must for Thanksgiving. The parmesan really adds a nice flavor to the Brussels sprouts. And the air fryer cooks it so perfectly.