Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Our Air Fryer Brussels sprouts recipe is great for anytime of year, especially holidays. It’s such a great side dish to free up your oven. If you’re making these air fried brussels in the air fryer for Holiday side dish, you’re in a for a real treat.
Easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
This is one of our most favorite ways to cook Brussels sprouts. Blanche them first for a few minutes and they’ll be perfect! You better be prepared to be eating more brussels sprouts because this air fried brussels sprouts are so easy! Our crispy brussels sprouts come out of the air fryer in minutes and best of all, very little clean up. You’ll be so happy at how quick and easy these healthy brussels sprouts are to make. These are especially fantastic for holiday dinners when you need a quick and easy vegetable side dish.
Video making Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Crispy Air Fried Brussels Sprouts Using Little Oil
We love brussels sprouts and our collection of brussels sprouts recipes is quite extensive. But these simple and quick air fried brupsles sprouts are so easy, it’s hard to not eat them more often.
- They use such little oil compared to oven roasted brussels sprouts. Our favorite air frying feature is that they cook so much quicker than in the traditional oven. We really enjoy our brussels sprouts brown, crispy and tender.
- Par boil for more tender, less crispy sprouts : If you like your Brussels sprouts a little more soft, you can boil them for about 1 minute. Then drain them and pat dry with a paper towel to remove as much water as possible. From there, continue with the recipe by adding the oil and seasonings.
- The Brussels sprouts cooking times will definitely vary depending on the size of brussels sprouts. For small to medium brussels sprouts, cut them in half. If they’re larger, then cut them into thirds. Important tip: try to buy them in all the same size for consistent cooking. We used a 3.4 qt air fryer.
- Add some of your favorite seasonings like lemon pepper, harissa, ground cumin or chili powder for extra flavor.
Crispy Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Add brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Evenly drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar over brussels sprouts. Add salt & pepper to taste. Toss the brussels sprouts well to completely coat with the oil and balsamic vinegar. Make sure to toss well to coat all the brussels sprouts. There shouldn't be any liquid left pooling at the bottom of the bowl.
- Gently add the brussels sprouts to the air fryer basket or rack. Air fry at 360°F for about 15-20 minutes, depending on size of brussels sprouts. Shake and gently stir half way through, about 8 minutes into cooking. Make sure you shake at the halfway mark! You don’t want to end up with uneven cooking. Continue to air fry the brussels for the remainder of the time, or until the brussels are golden brown and cooked through.
- TIP: Check earlier if needed to make sure brussels sprouts don't burn or shake/toss more often for even cooking (about 3 times). Or cook a little longer if needed to get everything crispy .
- Season with extra salt and pepper if needed on the brussels sprouts. Well seasoned brussels are extra tasty. Enjoy!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Love Parmesan cheese? Try our Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts Recipe:
What would you serve with Brussels sprouts?
- Any type of grilled meats, roasts or seafood are always more delicious when paired with a side of Brussels .
- Crispy air fryer chicken parmesan is perfect.
- This Nashville hot chicken hack in the air fryer is great with a side of veggies
- These Brussels sprouts are always a great side dish to our air fryer Thanksgiving recipes collection.
- Readers love our air fryer garlic parmesan chicken bites