Air Fryer Snack Mix (Chex Mix, Nuts n’ Bolts)
Air Fryer Snack Mix
Air Fryer snack mix or party mix is so good and quick! Also known as chex mix or nuts n’ Bolts, this easy air fryer appetizer recipe is crazy addicting. We’ve made this popular party snack to be an air fried recipe. It’s perfect for any party, gathering, game day or Super Bowl snack. In fact, it can easily be a meal if you’re not careful about portion control. Trust us, we’ve been there. The flavors of these little crunchy bites are also a kids favorite snack.
How to Make Air Fryer Chex Party Mix
- If you’re a fan of this popular mix, you’ll definitely love air frying them. Just make sure to check on them often so they don’t burn.
- You can use any version of cereal that you want: rice, corn or whole wheat. It’s nice to mix it up so each bite is different.
- Pretzels? We love adding small pretzels for that extra big crunch. Try the skinny pretzel sticks, which are our favorite.
- Customize your seasonings and spices. We like our chex party mix on the more savory, salty end. But it’s up to you on how seasoned you want your mix.
- More recipes in the recipe box below.
Great Seasonings for Chex Snack Mix
Air Fryer Party Snack Mix – “Nuts & Bolts”
- 2 cups (480 ml) toasted rice, wheat or corn cereal (choose any one or combo)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) nuts , your choice – peanuts, cashews, walnuts, etc.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) mini pretzels or sticks
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt *if not using a salted flavoring option, or to taste
FLAVORING OPTIONS (CHOOSE 1) (if seasoning is salty, reduce or eliminate salt in recipe to taste)
- Combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and/ or any flavoring options (our favorite is the Ranch seasoning with no additional salt – the Ranch seasoning is pretty salty on its own). Taste for flavor and adjust to your preference (we’ll dip a piece of cereal in the sauce to get an idea of finished flavor).
- Pour the seasoning over the cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. Spread out evenly in the air fryer basket/tray.
- Air Fry at 250°F for 12-16 minutes, tossing and shaking every 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely and then serve.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Check out more of our Easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes