Air Fryer Party Snack Mix (Chex Mix, Nuts n’ Bolts)
Air Fryer snack mix or party mix is so good and quick! Also known as chex mix or nuts n’ Bolts, this easy air fryer appetizer recipe is crazy addicting.
Air Fryer Snack Mix
We’ve made this popular party snack to be an air fried recipe. It’s perfect for any party, gathering, game day or Super Bowl snack. In fact, it can easily be a meal if you’re not careful about portion control. Trust us, we’ve been there. The flavors of these little crunchy bites are also a kids favorite snack.
Video Making Air Fryer Party Mix in 15 Minutes
How to Make Air Fryer Chex Party Mix
- If you’re a fan of this popular mix, you’ll definitely love air frying them. Just make sure to check on them often so they don’t burn.
- You can use any version of cereal that you want: rice, corn or whole wheat. It’s nice to mix it up so each bite is different.
- Pretzels? We love adding small pretzels for that extra big crunch. Try the skinny pretzel sticks, which are our favorite.
- Customize your seasonings and spices. We like our chex party mix on the more savory, salty end. But it’s up to you on how seasoned you want your mix.
- Add some spicy seasoning mix for that extra spicy party mix. These spicy and salty flavors are great with cocktails and beer!
- More recipes in the recipe box below.
Great Seasonings for Chex Snack Mix
Can You Make Ahead Party Mix?
Yes, you can and it’s great! Allow it to cool completely before you store it in an air tight sealed bag or container. You can store it up to 3-4 days. After that, they can get stale. So it’s always better to eat it sooner than later.
Air Fryer Party Snack Mix – “Nuts & Bolts”
- 2 cups (480 ml) toasted rice, wheat or corn cereal (choose any one or combo)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) nuts , your choice – peanuts, cashews, walnuts, etc.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) mini pretzels or sticks
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt *if not using a salted flavoring option, or to taste
FLAVORING OPTIONS (CHOOSE 1) (if seasoning is salty, reduce or eliminate salt in recipe to taste)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and/ or any flavoring options (our favorite is the Ranch seasoning with no additional salt – the Ranch seasoning is pretty salty on its own).
- Add the cereal, nuts and pretzels to the seasoned butter. Stir to completely coat the cereal with the butter mix. Taste for flavor and adjust to your preference.
- Spread the coated cereal mix out evenly in the air fryer basket/tray.
- Air Fry at 250°F for 12-16 minutes, tossing and shaking every 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely and then serve.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Check out more of our Easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes If you made this recipe please share with us in the comments below. Thank you so much!