Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
This air fryer frozen fish sticks recipe is a keeper! We love fish sticks and learning how to cook them from frozen in the air fryer is super easy. They come out crispy and absolutely delicious!
How to Cook or Re-Heat Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
Frozen fish sticks are better air fried than a regular oven because the hot circulating air makes the fish sticks crispy without having to oil them. Add some tarter sauce and a few slices of lemon and voila! It’s perfect with the bright lemon juice and dip. And if you want to make it a meal, air fry some french fries after for a perfect fish and chips air fryer dinner! All time, temp and details are in the recipe box below.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Fish Sticks
Adjusting Time and Temp for Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- Frozen fish sticks or fish fingers vary so much in size and thickness. Each brand is different, so that means you’ll have to adjust timing for cooking.
- Your first air fried frozen fish sticks batch will be like your “test”. After cooking the first round, you’ll know more of what your final time will be in your specific air fryer. After that, you’ll be able to cook your air fried fish fingers quickly and efficiently.
- Make sure to cook them in single layers with some space between them. They’ll cook more evenly and crispy when you don’t stack them on top of one another.
- See recipe box below for full recipe details.
Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- 8 Frozen Breaded Fish Sticks
- Place the frozen breaded fish sticks in the air fryer basket. Make sure they aren't overlapping. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 8 minutes. Flip the fish sticks over and then continue to cook at 400°F/205°C for another 2-4 minutes or until cooked through and the coating is crispy.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen - Do not thaw first.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Lay in a single layer.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Love Fish? Here’s More Fish Recipes You Might Love:
- Crispy Air Fryer Fish Fillets (Homemade Fresh)
- Easy Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets
- Air Fryer Shake N’ Bake Style Crispy Fish Fillets
- Healthy Air Fryer White Fish with Garlic and Lemon Pepper
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with updated tips. If you made this please let us know in the comments below! Or share your photo on social media and tag us at @airfryerworld. We love to see your creations! Here’s some more fish stick recipes if you want to make them fresh in the air fryer.