Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers with Bacon
Craving a great spicy appetizer? These air fryer jalapeno poppers are fantastic and perfect for game day snacking too. So quick and easy to cook up, you’ll be making these air fried poppers all the time, not just on game day!
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
It’s hard to resist air fryer jalapeno poppers especially when they’re wrapped with crispy bacon. This classic appetizer and easy game day recipe is a game changer. Whether it’s for the big game or any year round gathering, these poppers never get old. The hot circulating air cooks these stuffed peppers with cream cheese quick and easy. That’s the vegetarian version. But our favorite is of course, wrapping them with bacon and the air fryer is perfect for crispy bacon.
Video: How to Make Stuffed Jalapeños
Tips for Jalapeño Poppers in Air Fryer
- How spicy are your jalapeños? Some jalapeños varieties are spicier than others. The seeds make the jalapeños extra spicy, so keeping the seeds if you want that extra heat. So proceed with caution with the first bite!
- Cheese: Add what ever cheese you want to the cream cheese filling mix for extra flavor. Flavorful cheeses that take these poppers over the top are smoked cheddar, but parmesan, pecorino, jalapeño jack and other cheese can work great as well.
- Vegetarian: to make these vegetarian you don’t need the bacon (duh!) but they will cook quicker because you don’t have to wait for the bacon to crisp. So cook them for a few minutes less. Keep checking to make sure they’re not burnt.
- Bacon types: There’s different thicknesses of bacon. If you’re using thick cut bacon, then these poppers definitely need a few more minutes in the air fryer.
- Cooking times will vary so test a few first in your model of air fryer and then you’ll know what the exact time is best for your preferred texture.
- Follow our easy air fried poppers step by step photos and the full recipe is below. You can also print the recipe too.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 6 jalapeños
- 4 ounces (113 g) cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup (30 g) grated cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt , or to taste
- 6-12 slices bacon , depending on how much bacon you prefer
- black pepper , to taste
- cooking spray
- Cut the jalapeños in half, lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and white ribs. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and salt until smooth & evenly combined.
- Fill the jalapeño halves with the cream cheese mix. If using 6 slices of bacon, cut them in half lengthwise. Wrap the bacon around the filled jalapeño poppers.
- Sprinkle black pepper over the top of the wrapped jalapeño poppers. Lay in air fryer basket/tray in a single layer.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10-12 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the jalapeños are tender, or cook to your preferred doneness. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).