Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread
We love cornbread and Air Fryer Jiffy cornbread is amazing. It’s so simple and definitely a game changer. Within minutes you can have quick and easy cornbread in the air fryer from the very popular box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
Can You Make Jiffy Cornbread in Air Fryer?
Yes, you can! It’s one of the most simple and easy ways to make cornbread for dinner, breakfast, Thanksgiving, Holidays or anytime you’re craving cornbread. Traditionally it’s made in the oven, but after several air frying tests we’re in love with this method more than the conventional oven. It’s quick, simple and doesn’t take lots of pre-heating time. We used the Jiffy corn muffin mix box for this cornbread recipe.
Video: Air Fryer Jiffy Corn bread Recipe
Tips on How To Make Air Fryer Jiffy Corn bread
- Use the same accessory “bucket” pan that we did. This is the pan. It’s thin, light and deep enough to hold the volume of one jiffy cornbread box mix. We’ve tested several pans that fit the air fryer, but the timing that we have is based on this “bucket” pan.
- Don’t overmix the cornbread mix or it will be tough.
- Using a rubber or silicone spatula is best because you can scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. This will give you the best mix and won’t leave important ingredients on the sides of the bowl during mixing.
- The box says to use milk but you can use buttermilk or heavy cream. This will make the cornbread a little more moist.
- Make sure to oil the sides of the baking pan so the cornbread doesn’t stick.
- Some air fryer models vary with how hot they cook. So if you use a toothpick to check the cornbread and it still comes out a little wet, the cover the cornbread with foil. Continue cooking for a few minutes to get the cornbread cooked all the way through. The foil keeps the cornbread from drying out and burning on the top.
What to Serve with Cornbread?
Air frying cornbread for Holidays, Thanksgiving or Christmas is fantastic. You can serve it with some warm honey or butter on the side. Have it for breakfast with eggs or serve it with a steak for dinner. It’s such a great side dish or quick bread made in the air fryer for anytime of day. We love it with Turkey for thanksgiving and always with creamy gravy on top!
Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread “Corn Muffin Mix”
- 8.5 oz. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- oil spray
- Combine the corn muffin mix, egg and milk. Mix just enough so that there are no dry spots. Do not over-mix.
- Lightly coat your baking pan with oil spray and fill with the batter.
- Air Fry at 320°F at 16-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. If after 22 minutes the toothpick isn’t fully clean yet but the edges of the cornbread are crisp, then turn off the heat and leave corn bread in the air fryer for about 10 minutes to allow the residual heat to continue cooking the cornbread.
- Allow to cool in the pan. It will release from the sides as it cools, making it easier to cut.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Love corn muffins? Then you should try our Jiffy Corn Muffins in the Air fryer.
Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Best Air Fryer Seasonings and Mixes for Coatings
- Shake and Bake style Chicken in air fryer recipe
- Air fryer snack mix (chex mix recipe in air fryer)
- Homemade crispy fish fillets in air fryer recipe
- Crispy air fryer pork chops recipe
- Hope you enjoy this jiffy cornbread mix in the air fryer. Let us know in the comments below!