Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Cut Fries
It’s really simple to cook frozen waffle cut fries in the air fryer. In about 10 minutes you can have waffle fries straight from the freezer and hot and tasty on your plate. Best of all, the results are crispy, crunchy and amazing!
How Do You Cook Air Fried Frozen Waffle Fries?
- You really don’t need to any extra oil so that eliminates all the extra calories. But if you want then slightly crisper, you can add a light spray of oil on top before air frying.
- The amazing part of air frying waffle cut fries from frozen straight from the freezer is that it’s quick! It’s way quicker than having to pre-heat the big conventional oven. You just add the waffle fries to the air fryer and within minutes the results are incredibly crunchy and wonderful fries.
- Just add your favorite dip and you’re ready to go!
- See recipe box below for the details.
- Enjoy some frozen onion rings and try a batch of homemade French fries
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE the Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Do you need to oil spray the frozen fries?
You really don’t need to add more oil to the already deep fried waffle fries. After air frying, you’ll see that the existing oil will release from the fries. But if you want more of the crispy “oil taste”, sure go ahead. We don’t do it cause we don’t think you need it. Other websites suggest spraying with oil before air frying, but maybe they like eating more greasy oil. 🙂
We tested the recipe with the Alexia Waffle Cut Fries and Wal-Mart Great Value Waffle Fries.
Video Making Frozen Waffle Fries in the Air Fryer:
Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Cut Fries
All air fryers are different and some cook much hotter than others. Once you cook your first batch of fries, you’ll know more of what works for your model of air fryer and size of food. These were tested on basket style air fryers. Read more recipe notes below the recipe.
- 1 lb. (454 g) Frozen waffle cut fries
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Place the frozen waffle fries in the air fryer basket and spread out evenly. No oil spray is needed. We discuss this in the recipe write up on the website.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 10 minutes. Shake and gently stir about halfway through cooking. If cooking larger batches, or if your waffle fries don't cook evenly, try turning them multiple times on following batches.
- If needed air fry at 400°F/205°C for an additional 1-3 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of fries back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the waffle fries might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
More Air Fryer Recipes and Helpful Articles
- Best Oils and Pump Sprays for Air Frying
- Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
- Juicy Air Fryer Pork Bites with Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms
- Try Trader Joe’s fries in the air fryer and more Trader Joe’s frozen foods
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
- This recipe was originally published in 2020 and re-published in 2021 with updates photos.
Here’s an interesting way of cooking French fries in beef tallow.