Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
We love waffles but don’t always have the time to make it from scratch. Air fryer frozen waffles are a quick way to enjoy a waffle breakfast without a lot of fuss! These are great for breakfast, brunch or snack. That’s why we love air fried waffles so much!
Can you cook frozen air fryer waffles in the air fryer? thaw?
Yes, it’s simple to cook the frozen waffles pulled straight out of the freezer. You don’t need to thaw them first. We used different brands including eggo waffles and you can also air fry belgian waffles from frozen. Just add about another minute of cooking time.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
Cooking frozen waffles in the air fryer is so easy and quick. They get the perfect crispiness. Cook them in just a single layer for even cooking (cook in batches if needed). Flip them after the first 4 minutes, then finish cooking until done to your preference.
- We tested frozen waffles in the microwave and they definitely come out a little softer. But if you like your waffles to have slightly crisp top and edges, then try these air fried frozen waffles.
- Grab a few frozen waffles straight from the freezer and right into the air fryer basket or rack. Voila, breakfast is served in just a few minutes. No need to thaw first.
- Make sure to lay them in a single layer with a little space between them. This will allow the hot circulating air to cook the sides and edges of the waffles.
- Don’t stack the waffles. All sides need to be exposed to the hot air to ensure they crisp up evenly.
- Add some fresh berries or fruit, a little drizzle of syrup to complete the quick and easy breakfast. Kids will love these!
- Serve with different types of butters and maple syrup. Add some fresh fruit like strawberries and blueberries to complete the breakfast. Love peanut butter? Add that too!
- All recipe details, time and temp are in the recipe box below. Remember that different makes and models of air fryers will vary on how quickly they cook. Adjust as needed for your make and model of air fryer.
- If you love waffles, you’ll love air frying frozen pancakes.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Why did my waffles burn?
This is a question that you might be asking yourself. If your waffles burned, then the next batch just needs to be cooked for less time. So reduce cooking time by about 2 minutes. Check the waffles and if you need more time, add another 1 minute of air frying until the waffles are cooked to your preference.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Waffles
Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
- 2 Frozen Waffles
- optional toppings (syrup, berries, whipped cream, jam, etc.)
- Place the frozen waffles in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer (make sure they aren't overlapping). No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for 4 minutes. Flip the waffles over.
- Continue to Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for another 1-3 minutes or until to your preferred doneness.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Cook in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Is it easier to cook frozen waffles in the toaster?
Sure, if you have a toaster it could be easier. But if you’re already using your air fryer, it’s just as easy to use the sample appliance.
You Might Love These Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- How to Cook Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits (Grands)
- Shredded hash brown casserole with bacon in the air fryer
- Frozen Waffle cut fries are great for brunch
- Another great brunch option is air fryer shrimp
- Air Fryer Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Kielbasa Sausage
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
This was originally published in 2020 and re-published in 2021. Here’e some more great waffle recipe inspiration! The brands we tested was Eggs and Great Value. They tasted great. There’s so many different brands out there and the waffles vary in size and thickness. Also, air fryers cook different too as some cook hotter and quicker than others. So our time and temp is a starting point for you. You can test one first and see how it works for your specific model and type of waffle.