Slow Cooker – Green Chile Queso Dip Recipe with Jalapeño
This recipe is shared from our sister site BestRecipeBox.com. If you’re needing an easy every recipe, check that website for non air fryer foods!
Best Queso Dip Recipe for Game Day!
Everyone who loves to eat queso dip, especially spicy queso dip, will absolutely love this recipe. This game day queso dip recipe is made in the slow cooker and filled green chiles, optional jalapeño and a bunch of fragrant spices. It’s definitely not a boring queso dip. The textures of chiles, smoky spices and layers of flavor make this a crowd favorite. If you don’t don’t want to make it in a slow cooker and prefer stove top, then it will work just as wonderful. Simmer all the ingredients on very low heat so that the cheese can slowly melt without burning at the bottom of the pan.
Watch the Video making Green Chili Queso Dip in the Slow Cooker
This green chile queso dip is perfect for game day, cinco de mayo and any time you’re craving an easy cheese dip appetizer recipe to make for a big crowd. Try it on nachos and you’ll be hooked for life. Warm cheese dips are such a decadent treat, so make it for the next weekend party and you’ll be loving life! And another great game day dish is this Instant Pot pot roast. So tender!
Our Favorite Cookers for Queso Dip:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household:
Best collection of–> awesome chicken wing recipes!
Slow Cooker - Green Chile Queso Dip Recipe w/ Jalapeño
For the Queso Dip:
- 16 oz. (453g) Velveeta Cheese , cut into 1" cubes for quick melting
- 15 oz. (425g) canned chili (no beans)
- 4 oz. (113g) canned diced green chiles
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper , minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (240ml) Half & Half
Options For Serving:
- tortilla chips (preferred!)
- Potato Chips
- Slow Cooker
- In slow cooker, add all the ingredients and stir together well: Velveeta cheese, chili, diced green chiles, fresh jalapeño, sea salt, ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, chipotle powder, ground cayenne pepper and Half and Half.
- Cook on low for about 3 hours or High for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally to make sure all the cheese melts.
- Note on slow cookers: Cooking time will vary depending on the size of slow cooker you are using. If you are using larger slow cookers, more of the dip will be spread across the slow cooker so the cheese will melt faster. Smaller slow cookers will take longer to melt and cook the dip. Check the dip each hour, stir and you determine when it's ready to serve.
- Serve the yummy queso dip with tortilla chips or the other options.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).