Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls (15 minutes)
Golden brown and perfect, these air fried cinnamon rolls with yummy icing are finished in about 15 minutes! No need for waiting for the dough to rise, these refrigerated air fryer cinnamon rolls are easy and hit the spot.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Using Canned Dough
The delicious pleasures of eating a warm morning cinnamon roll is such a treat. Even better is when you can air fry a batch to share with everyone! Our test kitchen team was so thrilled at how simple these cinnamon rolls tasted and better yet, how they rose perfectly. These cinnamon rolls came out soft, fluffy, yummy and wonderful.
Video: Air Fried Cinnamon Rolls
Tips on How to Easy Cinnamon rolls in the Air Fryer
- Make sure leave space between the cinnamon roll dough so the hot air can circulate evenly. This ensures that the rolls will cook all the way through without just cooking the top. Don’t lay them too close to each other.
- If you have a smaller air fryer and can only fit 2-3 rolls at once, then cook the cinnamon rolls in smaller batches. The dough can last up to one day in the fridge. We tested the leftover raw rolls 2 days later and it was ok results. They didn’t rise as well, so we suggest try cooking them all the same day. It’s better to cook them well the first day and then store them in the fridge and re-heat in the microwave before serving.
- It’s easier to add the icing after you remove the rolls from the air fryer basket. Also, it’s easier to clean the air fryer basket or rack too when it’s not layered with icing.
- Flavor tip: After you ice the rolls, spread a little bit of jam or fruit preserves on top. Yum!
- Hope you enjoy these warm awesome cinnamon rolls!
Different Brands of Refrigerated Cinnamon Roll Dough for Air Frying
There’s so many different brands out there like this discussion here. Most brands all air fry about the same time, but you still need to check to make sure they’re cooked all the way through. Also, there’s so many different brands of air fryer that cook slightly differently. For your first batch, try just air frying 1-2 as a “test”. After your first try, you’ll know more of what the best timing is for our air fryer.
For our testing we used the Pillsbury brand and Annie’s organic cinnamon roll brand. We used a 5.6 quart Cosori air fryer that was able to fit 8 cinnamon rolls at once. Both brands cooked great at about the same time. The main difference between the two brands is that the Annie’s brand of cinnamon rolls had more of a cinnamon flavor than the Pillsbury. But the Pillsbury air fried much fluffier than the Annie’s brand.
WHAT IF THE ROLLS ARE STILL DOUGHY OR RAW IN THE MIDDLE?
This could potentially happen if your air fryer cooks hotter than our test kitchen models. If the cinnamon rolls are still slightly doughy in the middle, leave them in the turned-off air fryer for about 2-3 minutes to continue cooking in the residual heat. So make sure to close the air fryer doors or basket and leave the in the air fryer with it turned off. Don’t leave them in there for longer than 3 minutes or else they might dry out.
Air Fryer Canned Cinnamon Rolls
- 12-17 oz. Canned Cinnamon Rolls
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil (if possible, avoid using cooking sprays with propellants-they will often start to break down the coating in the air fryer baskets). Open the can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and lay out in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 330°F for 10 minutes. Wiggle & loosen the cinnamon rolls from the base of the basket. Continue to Air Fry at 330°F for another 1-3 minutes if needed.
- If your cinnamon rolls came with icing, drizzle with the included icing while cinnamon rolls are still hot (we microwaved for 8-10 seconds to make the icing a little looser and easier to drizzle over the cinnamon rolls).
- It isn’t necessary to spray the cinnamon rolls with oil. Just spray the basket to help prevent them from sticking.
- The cinnamon rolls cook better with a bit of space and room to rise.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated. Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer.
- Recipes were tested in 3.4 to 6 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to loosen and check the cinnamon rolls as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Frozen egg rolls in the air fryer Annie’s organic cinnamon roll
- Make air fryer pizza using canned pizza dough EASY!
- Crave easy biscuits? Air fry canned biscuit dough Grands!
- Warm Donuts in the air fryer are easy and fantastic
- Air Fryer pepperoni pizza egg rolls are fun and delicious
- Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
- this recipe was originally published in 2019