Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
Air fried healthy broccoli is always a favorite healthy vegetable have on our menu. Air fryer broccoli always has a wonderful crispy texture and the flavor is outstanding!
Healthy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
We can eat crispy broccoli in the air fryer every day. If you don’t like it crispy, you can definitely cook it for less time. You can easily adjust timing based on your favorite texture and the size that you cut the broccoli. Add extra garlic powder before cooking if you love extra garlic broccoli flavor. Squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice before you eat and the bright lemon flavors are so good! Best of all, this crispy air fryer broccoli recipe will be a favorite for kids. It’s a great way to get them to eat their vegetables!
Video Making Air Fryer Broccoli
Endless Possibilities with Flavor and Spices
If you want extra flavor, the possibilities are endless. Raid your spice pantry and experiment with different spices on the broccoli. We love making an Indian inspired broccoli with ground cumin. Or make a spicy version with some chipotle! Cheese is always a hit too, so adding your favorite cheese like cheddar or parmesan will never be boring! Serve the broccoli with a side of steak or anytime you need a quick vegetable side dish. We love making a big batch of this (cooked in several batches) and everyone goes crazy over the flavor. The hot air really gives this broccoli and nice char and maximum flavor.
How to Cook Air Fried Broccoli in Air Fryer
- Toss broccoli with a little oil, salt and pepper
- After first toss/shake you’ll see the broccoli crisp a little
- If needed, toss and shake a second time to get everything cooked crisp.
Helpful Step by Step Process Photos
Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
- 1 pound (454 g) broccoli , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil (approximately)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Coat the broccoli with oil. Season broccoli with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli to the air fryer basket or rack.
- Air Fry 380°F for 10-15 minutes, flipping and shaking 3 times through cooking. This will ensure that the broccoli cooks evenly. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your broccoli and size/power of your air fryer. Start on the lower cooking time first (about 10 minutes) and if you like your broccoli more crispy, add additional time.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).