Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
Air fried healthy broccoli is always a favorite healthy vegetable have on our menu. Air fryer broccoli always has a wonderful crispy texture and the flavor is outstanding!
Healthy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
We can eat crispy broccoli in the air fryer every day. If you don’t like it crispy, you can definitely cook it for less time. You can easily adjust timing based on your favorite texture and the size that you cut the broccoli. Add extra garlic powder before cooking if you love extra garlic broccoli flavor. Squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice before you eat and the bright lemon flavors are so good! Best of all, this crispy recipe will be a favorite for kids. It’s a great way to get them to eat their vegetables!
Video Making Air Fryer Broccoli
How to Cook Air Fried Broccoli in Air Fryer
- Start with fresh broccoli and cut into about 1″ pieces. Just make sure they’re cut evenly and around the same size so they can cook evenly.
- Toss broccoli with a little oil, salt and pepper
- After first toss/shake you’ll see the broccoli crisp a little
- If needed, toss and shake a second time to get everything cooked crisp.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Love more broccoli? Try our crispy air fryer broccoli bites.
Helpful Step by Step Process Photos
Endless Possibilities with Flavor and Spices
If you want extra flavor, the possibilities are endless. Raid your spice pantry and experiment with different spices on the broccoli.
- We love making an Indian inspired broccoli with ground cumin or curry powder.
- Add a touch of soy sauce or Worcestershire for a savory, umami flavor.
- Make a spicy version with some chipotle or cayenne powder.
- Cheese is always a hit too, so adding your favorite cheese like cheddar or parmesan will never be boring!
- Serve the broccoli with a side of steak or anytime you need a quick vegetable side dish. We love making a big batch of this (cooked in several batches) and everyone goes crazy over the flavor. The hot air really gives this broccoli and nice char and maximum flavor.
Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
- 1 pound (454 g) broccoli , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil (approximately)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Coat the broccoli with oil. Season broccoli with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli to the air fryer basket or rack.
- Air Fry 380°F for 10 minutes. Flip, turn or shake halfway through cooking (about 5 minutes) to ensure that the broccoli cooks evenly.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your broccoli and size/power of your air fryer. If you like your broccoli more crispy, add additional 1-2 minutes of air frying time. Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
CAN YOU USE FROZEN BROCCOLI?
Sure you can use frozen broccoli but it’ll be slightly softer and more mushy. Because it’s frozen, it’ll take a little while longer to cook, about 1-2 more minutes. But remember, frozen broccoli really won’t get crispy. It’ll be softer but adding cheese to it will still make it delicious!
Why did your broccoli burn?
It’s because it was cooked too long or your air fryer just cooked really hot. So for your next batch, just reduce the temperature to 360°F and cook for about 1 minute less. After you made your first batch, you’ll know the best time and temp for your specific cut of broccoli.
Can you double or triple this recipe?
Yes you can, but make sure your air fryer can accommodate all this extra broccoli. The only way to cook a triple batch is if you have an oven or toaster style air fryer. These are larger and have about 2-3 racks. Just make sure to rotate the racks because the rack of broccoli at the top that’s closest to the heating element can burn. So hope you enjoy broccoli as much as we do! The health benefits of broccoli are amazing.
More Easy Recipes:
- 3 ways to cook air fryer hot dogs air fryer broccoli bites
- healthy healthy air fryer garlic herb salmon
- Instant pot creamy garlic chicken broccoli soup
- Check out all our Easy Broccoli Air Fryer Recipes
- Hope you enjoy our air fried healthy broccoli recipe. Check out our popular air fried chicken and broccoli recipe. Here’s some more great broccoli recipe ideas to inspire you to eat more healthy!
- this recipe was originally published in 2019