Awesome Air Fryer Hot Dogs – 3 Ways!
Here’s our hot dogs air fryer recipe and tips for cooking easy air fried hot dogs. It’s a game changer and once you air fry hot dogs, you will obsess over these.
Tips to Cook Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Ok, we’re obsessed with air fried hot dogs and the possibilities are endless! Here’s 3 ways to enjoy hot dogs for your hot dog cravings!
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. Lay the hot dogs in a single layer and leave some space between them. The hot circulating air will cook all around the hog dog and make all sides cook more evenly.
- If you’re cooking thicker hot dogs or sausage dogs, add an additional minute or two of cooking time.
- This recipe is for hot dogs or sausage dogs that are fully pre-cooked.
- The flavor is like cooking them on the grill and it’s a total game changer. Sure, your backyard BBQ can be filled with grilled foods, but try these in the air fryer and you’ll realize how easy and good they are. Clean up is so much quicker too! It’s a wonderful quick meal or snack. Kids love this.
Warm the Buns
If you warm the buns it’s a game changer. About 1-2 minutes before the hot dogs are cooked, add them in the buns. Then air fry the buns and dogs together in the air fryer. The hot circulating air makes the buns crispy, warm and wonderful. Then add what ever toppings you want.
Best Hot Dog Toppings? The possibilities are endless.
- Make pigs in a blanket by wrapping the dogs with crescent dough
- Jalapeno popper dogs: add slices of jalapeno and top with cheese then melt in the air fryer
- Mac and cheese dogs: add some leftover mac and cheese on top!
- Add some tomato sauce and pepperoni slices to make a pizza dog.
- Spicy dogs: add your favorite hot sauce like sriracha
- BBQ dogs: all you need is a fantastic bbq sauce and you’re set!
- Here’s some more great hot dog recipe ideas for ya.
- Craving burgers? Here’s our big list of burgers in the air fryer recipes.