Air Fryer Frozen Fruit Puff Pastries, Turnovers
Ok, this was a real shocker: Air fryer cooked filled puff pastries or turnovers from frozen. Straight from the freezer fruit pastries, turnovers and puff pastries cooked in the air fryer was amazing. Air fried frozen turnovers are a great and easy start to a morning meal.
How to Air Fry Frozen Fruit Puff Pastries
We were highly doubtful that the puff pastry would actually cook and rise well in the air fryer. But we were proven wrong. The puff pastry cooked perfectly by air frying and the air fried texture was flaky, crispy and incredible. We don’t think we would have gotten the same results in the regular convention oven. The hot air really made the air fried fruit pastries super flaky and the inside fruit was sweet and melty. All air fryer frozen puff pastries details, time and temp are in the recipe box below.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Puff Pastries and Turnovers
Tips on Cooking Frozen Filled Puff Pastries or Turnovers in the Air Fryer
- The brand we used in this write up was the Pepperidge farm turnovers. They tasted great and were very flaky too.
- There’s so many different brands out there and the turnovers or pastries vary in size and thickness.
- Air fryers cook different too as some cook hotter and quicker than others. So our time and temp is a starting point for you. Test one first and see how it works for your specific model.
- If your pastry was still frozen in the center or slightly burnt on the outside, then decrease the heat on your air fryer.
- See recipe box below for recipe details
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Can you re-freeze these after they’re cooked?
Sure you can but it’s better to just air fry what you eat. When they’re freshly air fried these pastries just taste so much better. If you do have any leftovers, just refrigerate them and to re-heat, air fry them for about 2-3 minutes at 360F.
Air Fryer Frozen Turnover Pastries
- 2 Frozen Turnover Pastries
- Place the frozen pastries in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer (make sure they aren't overlapping). No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for 8 minutes. Flip the pastries over and continue to Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for another 6-8 minutes or until to your preferred doneness.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Cook in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
You Might also Love these Recipes
- Awesome Appetizers – Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms with Cheese
- Quick & Easy Air Fryer Frozen Garlic Bread
- Zucchini boats in the air fryer
- Air Fried Frozen Tater Tots or Potato Puffs
- Stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer are a great appetizer
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
This air fried frozen turnovers recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021. Hope you enjoy air fryer frozen puff pastries! Here’s more puff pastry inspiration for ya.