Air Fryer French Bread Pizza (Homemade)
We love French bread pizza! Once you make air fryer French bread pizza you’ll never microwave again. We have tips and techniques for air fryer baguette pizza that’s more fresh and homemade than frozen.
Air Frying Baguette Pizza from Scratch
With just a few simple fresh ingredients, you can have warm crispy air fried french bread pizza with baguettes in minutes. Your family will devour these so quick that you’ll make a double batch. Best of all, you’ll feel good knowing you used fresh ingredients for air frying pizza.
Video: Air Fryer French Bread Pizza Recipe
How to Make Air Fryer French Bread Pizza (Fresh)
- If you’re using a thin baguette French bread, slice it lengthwise. But if you like the wider, soft loaves of fresh bread you can slice those in thick slices. As long as you have enough service area to spread the sauce and add topping, you’re good!
- Most popular sauce is red sauce but this is a great opportunity to try white sauce. Simple Alfredo sauce homemade or store bought works great.
- Prep all your toppings ahead of time if you’re going to make several pizzas in the air fryer.
- PRO TIP: Use a little air accessory rack that can keep the toppings down. It’s very possible that the toppings will fly around during air frying. The hot circulating air is strong! These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking. Here’s the air fryer rack .
- Every air fryer model cooks a little different. You might need add a few more minutes to get the pizza to your preferred texture if you’re cooking in a large oven style or toaster style air fryer.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Pro Tip: Use an air fryer rack that fits your air fryer to keep the toppings from flying around. The hot circulating air can blow your cheese and toppings off the pizza. These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking
How to Freeze French Bread Baguette Pizza
If you ended up having any leftover (how can that be possible to not devour them all?!) then you’ll need to freeze the rest.
- They’ll store fine in the fridge for about 3 days and all you need to do is to reheat them in the air fryer for about 2-3 minutes on 380°F. But if you plan on saving them for longer than 3 days, we suggest freezing them.
- After the pizza is cooled completely, store them in air tight containers.
- Freeze them and when you’re ready to eat, you can air fry them from frozen for about 4-5 minutes at 380°F. Add additional minute or so if needed to get them crispy. Hope you enjoy our air fryer baguette pizzas!
- If they are thawed from frozen, then air fry them at 380°F for about 2-3 minutes. Check on then and add additional minute of air frying until they are heated to your preferred crispness.
How Long To Air Fry Frozen Store Bought French Bread Pizza?
Timing will vary depending on the size and thickness of your frozen baguette pizza. Here’s all the details on how to air fry pizza from frozen, straight from the freezer.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizzas
- 1 French bread loaf
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (40 g) shredded cheese
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pepperoni, cooked Sausage, Bacon pieces, diced Ham, sliced or diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pineapple, etc.
Other Sauce Options
- BBQ Sauce, Salsa, White (Alfredo) Sauce, Pesto, etc.
- Cut French bread loaf to fit the length of your air fryer. Slice in half lengthwise.
- Lightly spray both sides for an extra crispy crust. Place in air fryer basket/tray with the bottom (crust) side up (only cook in a single layer – cook the pizzas in batches if needed). Air Fry at 360°F/182°C about 2 minutes.
- Flip the bread, add sauce & toppings.
- Cover toppings with an air fryer rack to keep toppings from flying around.
- Air Fry 360°F/182°C for 2-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Try air frying for about 2 minutes first. If you want the top to be crispier, add additional minute or two until the pizza is crispy and cheese is melted.
- Allow pizza to cool for about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
We have Quick and Easy Air Fryer pizza recipes here
More Easy Recipes in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French fries – kids love these!
- Homemade air fryer French fries from scratch – using fresh potatoes
- Air Fryer Pizza with Canned Pizza Dough
- Trader Joe’s French fries from frozen in the air fryer
- Frozen personal size pizza in the air fryer – a game changer!
- Easy pizza using premade pizza crust