Air Fryer Frozen Hot Pockets: How to Re-Heat
Air frying hot pockets is simple and a game changer. The circulating hot air of the air fryer cooks the pastry to perfection. The outside is crispy amazing and the inside is melts cheesy and wonderful. Air fryer frozen hot pockets are the only way we like cooking them now.
How to Cook Frozen Hot Pockets in Air fryer without Burning
- When cooking hot pockets in the air fryer, you just have to be careful to not cook at too high of a temperature. The outside pastry will burn or cook too quick, leaving the center to still be frozen. We suggest air frying at 380F but if you have a small air fryer, the heating element is closer to the food. In this case, try air frying at 360F.
- You want a nice balance of a hot pocket that’s crispy outside and melted cheesy inside. Some folks ask if it’s the same as microwaving hot pockets. The answer is NO. The air fryer definitely makes the crust more flaky, crispy and delicious. But if you like soft pastry, the microwave will suit you just fine.
Tips on Cooking Frozen Hot Pockets in the Air Fryer
- Cook the Hot Pockets Straight from the Freezer. You don’t need to thaw them first.
- Air fry in a single layer if cooking multiple hot pockets. Don’t stack them on top of each other or overcrowd the basket/tray.
- No oil needed. You don’t need to spray the hot pockets with oil to get a good crust. They brown perfectly without using oil.
- All air fryers are different and some cook much hotter than others. Once you cook your first hot pocket, you’ll know more of what works for your model of air fryer and size of food.
- Detail for cooking are below in the recipe box.
Video: How to reheat hot pockets in the air fryer
Breakfast Hot Pockets
Have you tried the breakfast pockets yet? If not you must! What a great way to have a quick and easy breakfast when you’re on the go.
- Just pop the breakfast hot pocket in the air fryer and within minutes you have a perfectly cooked Instant breakfast.
- Tap the crust with a fork and you can see that it’s going to be crispy and perfect.
- Serve the pockets with a side of scrambled eggs for a heartier meal.
- We were very pleased with the breakfast results too and it was just as delicious as the frozen breakfast sandwiches. Here’s the write up on how to air fry frozen breakfast sandwiches or frozen breakfast biscuits. All the time and temp details for air fryer frozen hot pockets are in the recipe box below.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- 1 Frozen Hot Pocket
- Place the frozen hot pocket in the air fryer basket. If cooking multiple hot pockets, spread out into a single even layer. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes. If needed, flip the hot pocket over and cook for another 1-3 minutes or until cooked to your preference. Cooking more than 1 hot pocket at a time might require more cooking time.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of hot pockets back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the hot pockets might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Hot Pocket Breakfast Sandwich
To make these more of a hearty meal, you can split them in half lengh wise and stuff them with more ingredients. Add some scrambled eggs or a fried egg to make a full egg breakfast hot pocket sandwich. You can add some sauteed vegetables to add some healthy veggies to each pocket. Or add some extra cooked sausage, crispy bacon or more cheese to the center. This will make each hot pocket more filling and satisfying.
You Might also Love these Hot Dog & Sandwich Recipes, Pizza Recipes
- Check out all our air fryer pizza recipes here.
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Delicious Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
- How to Cook Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches in Air Fryer
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
Here’s more great frozen food ideas for your family! Hope you enjoy all our air fryer recipes here. If you make them, please share your 5-star comments below. Or share your photos with us online on all our social media pages. Thank you so much! This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos.