Air Fryer Breaded Cauliflower Bites
Our air fryer breaded cauliflower bites recipe is quick, simple and delicious. Within 10 minutes of air frying, these chunks of crispy cauliflower are perfect for snacking or as a side dish.
Air Fryer Breaded Cauliflower Bites
Healthy cauliflower in the air fryer is one of our most popular recipes. This breaded version is a little more decadent with the crispy breading but it’s definitely a nice treat when you’re craving a different type of cauliflower. There’s so any different varieties of cauliflower to enjoy. That’s why we enjoy making breaded cauliflower so much. The crunchy bites are addicting and the air frying technique makes this crispy in minutes. Kids love these and it’s a great way to get them to eat their vegetables.
Video: Air Fryer Crispy Cauliflower Bites Recipe
Tips on How to Make Crispy Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- Don’t cut the cauliflower bites too large. Try to keep them to about 1″ bite sized pieces.
- Season the cauliflower for best flavor. Don’t skimp on the salt and spices. Try lemon pepper seasoning, paprika, cajun spices, Montreal steak seasoning or any of your favorite spices. You don’t want to have bland cauliflower bites.
- Make sure to lay the cauliflower in a single layer during air frying. This will give best crispy texture evenly on all the bites. If needed, cook them in batches.
- Serve with your favorite dip! The possibilities are endless: hot sauce, bbq sauce, ranch, cheese dip, peanut sauce.
- All air fryer breaded cauliflower bites recipe details are in the recipe box. below.
Low Carb or Keto Breading Options
If you don’t want to use regular bread crumbs, there’s plenty of options for low carb breading. Crushed pork rinds, almond flour, coconut flour or parmesan cheese are some of the best and easiest options. These are all great to make a big batch of keto breaded cauliflower bites!
Can You Use Frozen Cauliflower?
Try not to use frozen cauliflower. Use fresh cauliflower. The frozen texture of the cauliflower will make it less crispy and you’ll end up with more of a mushy cauliflower bite. Fresh just tastes better and will give the best crisp texture.
Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Cauliflower Bites
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh cauliflower , cut into bite sized florets (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or to taste
- black pepper , preferably fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- Optional Seasonings: Lemon pepper seasoning, paprika, cajun spices, Montreal steak seasoning, etc
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1/2 cup (54 g) bread crumbs (regular or Japanese panko)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Optional Dips: hot sauce, ranch, bbq sauce, etc.
- Perforated Silicone Mats (optional)
- Pre-heat air fryer at 360°F/182°C for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss the cauliflower florets with the seasonings. (and any other optional seasoning you prefer). Add beaten egg and stir to coat the cauliflower.
- In another bowl combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese Dip cauliflower florets in the bread crumb mix and gently shake off excess coating.
- Spray all sides of the breaded cauliflower with oil spray. Dry breading might fly around in air fryer and burn, so make sure to coat any dry spots.
- Spray air fryer basket/tray with oil (or line with a perforated silicone mat or parchment paper) and place cauliflower in a single layer in the basket/tray.
- Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for 8 minutes. Gently flip and spray any dry spots with oil spray.
- Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for additional 3-5 minutes or until they are crispy golden brown OR to your preferred texture. Serve warm with your favorite dip.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).