Healthy Air Fryer Zucchini
Want a fantastic vegetable side dish? Air Fryer zucchini is a great way to enjoy vegetables that’s quick and easy. Zucchini doesn’t have to be boring. It’s way easier to make air fried zucchini than roasting in the oven for so many reasons.
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
First of all, if you’re cooking smaller portions the air fryer is perfect. Servings for 2-4 is easily attainable, depending on the size of your fryer. Second of all, it’s so much faster than roasting zucchini in the traditional oven because you don’t have to wait to pre-heat. And it cooks much faster.
Lastly, the zucchini gets an amazing crispy crust! Cooking close to the heating element gives the zucchini a delicious crust that’s hard to achieve in the traditional oven. Sure, you can broil the zucchini in the oven. But the results are so much quicker and easier in the air fryer. Best of all, it’s a low carb and low calorie dish. It’s perfect for anyone following the paleo diet and is keto friendly.
Video Making Air Fryer Zucchini
How to Air Fry Zucchini in Air Fryer
- Cut zucchini into thick slices or thick coins. Spray with oil on both sides of the zucchini. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- If you have a favorite seasoning or spice, you can sprinkle some of it on both sides of the zucchini.
- Air Fry until crispy! Time will change depending on the size of your air fryer and how thick you cut your zucchini.
- Add a small handful of cheese if you like and air fry for about 30 seconds or until the cheese is completely melted.
- More air fried zucchini recipe details in the recipe box below.
Try our bacon wrapped zucchini recipe here! Hope you enjoy all our healthy air fried recipes. This recipe was originally published in 2020. Let us know in the comments if you’ve made this! Here’s more great easy zucchini recipes here.
Air Fryer Garlic Zucchini
- 2 zucchini (@ 1 lb. or 455g total)
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut the ends of the zucchini, if desired. Cut the zucchini into 1/2” thick slices (either into lengthwise slices or into coins). If cutting into lengthwise slices, cut to length to fit the width of your air fryer basket if needed.
- Lightly oil or spray the zucchini slices on both sides and then season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Air Fry at 400°F for 8-14 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).