Everyday Vegetables in the Air Fryer
Welcome to a new world of healthy air fried vegetable cooking and eating. These are the Best Air fryer Vegetables to keep you eating lighter with your favorite veggies.
Air Fryer Vegetables Recipes
Even if you’re not a fan of vegetables in general, the air fryer cooks veggies to a wonderful crispy texture. This adds to a nice caramel flavor and makes vegetables extra tasty. But you can certainly control the texture of your vegetables by how long you decide to air fry them. Air frying vegetables adds so much more flavor when you add your favorite seasonings or spices.
Tips on Air Frying Vegetables
- Don’t cook hard vegetables or root vegetables too big. The larger they are, the longer they take to air fry. And by the time the center is cooked, the outside might be dry or burnt.
- If you’re cooking multiple types of vegetables, make sure they’re of the same texture. That way they can cook evenly and at the same time.
- Keep your cuts even. Small pieces will burn by the time the bigger pieces are cooked through. So try your best to keep the cuts the same size.
- Add dark spices or sauces after halfway through cooking or save till the end. Some dark spices might burn during cooking, so save it till the last few minutes of cooking to avoid burning.
- For more firm or tough vegetables it helps to par boil or slightly cook them first in boiling water. Drain the veggies, then add your oil and seasonings before air frying. Brussels sprouts is one example of a vegetables that can benefit from boiling a bit first.
- Hope you enjoy these air fryer vegetables
Best Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
- Healthy Air Fryer Cauliflower with Lemon
- Air Fryer Corn on The Cob for Summer outdoor cooking
- Love zucchini? Try our Healthy Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Breaded Broccoli Bites: Crispy & Tasty
- Popular Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Delicious Air Fried Roasted Carrots with Herbs
- Kids love Air Fryer Crispy Garlic Potatoes
- For the Holidays: Air Fried Acorn Squash
- We love Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Yes to Air Fryer Green Beans
- Homemade Crispy Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- Yummy Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
- Awesome Air Fryer Garlic Mushrooms
- Popular Air Fried Mexican Street Corn-on-The-Cob Elotes
- Love Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- You’ll love our Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Here’s all our Air Fried Healthy Vegetables recipes–> air fried vegetable recipes here.
- Green tomatoes in the air fryer
Hope you enjoy all our air fryer vegetables recipes and share more of your favorite ways to air fry in the comments below.
Can you Air Fry Frozen Vegetables?
Yes you can air fryer most frozen vegetables. But they might end up mushy because frozen veggies often are soft when thawed. Also, they will take a little longer to air fry straight from frozen. We suggest air frying them at 400 degrees F, which is hotter so the frozen veggies can become slightly crispier.
3 Comments on “Everyday Vegetables in the Air Fryer”
I have to say that since getting my air fryer, I’m eating more veggies. Corn, broccoli, and asparagus are my top three. I love not having to heat my oven or stove (it’s just me) and also, roasting helps to bring out the sweetness in most veggies. Something about the darkened color or dark spots makes them so much more appealing. I would recommend keeping paper and pen handy so you can keep track of the time/temp that works best in your air fryer.
So glad you’re enjoying all the air fried vegetables Winniebear! We agree about the caramelized dark bits on the veggies. The flavors are great!
What an awesome collection of air fried veggies. Really love going through these recipes. They’ll be great for my Summer cookouts.