Air Fried Mexican Street Corn-on-The-Cob Elotes
Air Fried Mexican Street Corn-on-The-Cob Recipe
We know you’re going to love our air fryer Mexican corn recipe. What is Elotes or Mexican Street Corn? It’s a delicious and popular Mexican street food often seen at county fairs and food festivals. We now have a recipe for air fried corn on the cob version, Elotes style. It’s flavorful and with the cheesy topping, it’s to die for. The combination of the Mexican crema and Mexican cotija cheese is fantastic. There’s so much to love about mexican street corn because the crispy air fried corn flavors and the creamy Elotes topping makes every single bite amazing. Be ready to make a double batch for parties because you’ll eat at least 2 corn ears. So good!
Video Making Elotes in the Air Fryer (Mexican Street Corn)
How to Cook Air Fried Elotes Mexican Street Corn
The flavors of air frying corn is amazing. Seriously, the creamy Elotes cheese mix is addicting. There’s different variations you can use to make the creamy cheese topping for the Elotes. Some recipes like to use all mayo and hot sauce. That’s simple. Our version has flavorful spices and a touch of sour cream. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
For Air Frying the Corn
- 4 ears corn , husked
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted (approximately)
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
For Cheese Mixture
- 1/3 cup Mexican cream or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled cotija (or parmesan cheese or feta cheese) plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder , plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves , and extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 stalks green onions , sliced thin
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- Cut the corn to the size of your air fryer basket or rack (some might need to be cut in half). Coat the corn with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Air Fry at 370°F (190°C) for about 12-16 minutes, turning the corn half way through cooking. Cook until kernels are tender and lightly browned. (Cooking time will depend on size of corn, how full air fryer basket is, & different models/sizes of air fryers).
- While the corn air frys, make the cheese mixture. In a bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined.
- After corn is cooked, spread the cheese mixture over the corn. Sprinkle with extra crumbled cheese, paprika or chili powder, green onions and/or chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Here’s more great–> Appetizer Recipes in the Air fryer
Hope you enjoy our air fryer Mexican street corn recipe! Here’s some more corn ideas for Summer!