Air Fried Mexican Street Corn-on-The-Cob Elotes
These air fried Mexican street corn or elotes are fantastic! The flavor is outstanding and it’s so easy to make. Definitely a game changer to cook Mexican corn on the cob quick and easy. Hope you enjoy our air fryer elotes recipe!
Air Fried Mexican Street Corn-on-The-Cob Recipe
We know you’re going to love our air fryer Mexican corn recipe. What is Elotes or Mexican Street Corn? It’s a delicious and popular Mexican street food often seen at county fairs and food festivals. We now have a recipe for air fried corn on the cob version, Elotes style. It’s flavorful and with the cheesy topping, it’s to die for. The combination of the Mexican crema and Mexican cotija cheese is fantastic. There’s so much to love about mexican street corn because the crispy air fried corn flavors and the creamy Elotes topping makes every single bite amazing. Be ready to make a double batch for parties because you’ll eat at least 2 corn ears. So good!
Video Making Elotes in the Air Fryer (Mexican Street Corn)
How to Cook Air Fried Elotes Mexican Street Corn
- The flavors of air frying corn is amazing.
- Seriously, the creamy Elotes cheese mix is addicting. There’s different variations you can use to make the creamy cheese topping for the Elotes. Some recipes like to use all mayo and hot sauce. That’s simple.
- Sour cream: Our version has flavorful spices and a touch of sour cream.
- We suggest using fresh corn instead of frozen corn. Fresh is always better. The frozen corn can be mushy and watery. But if you don’t have access to fresh corn, find a high quality frozen brand of corn with plump kernels.
- All air fryer elotes recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
For Air Frying the Corn
- 4 ears (4 ears) corn , husked
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter , melted (approximately)
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
For Cheese Mixture
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Mexican cream or sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (75 g) finely crumbled cotija (or parmesan cheese or feta cheese) plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder , plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped cilantro leaves , and extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 stalks (2 stalks) green onions , sliced thin
- 1 (1 ) lime , cut into wedges
- Cut the corn to the size of your air fryer basket or rack (some might need to be cut in half). Coat the corn with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Air Fry at 370°F (190°C) for about 12-16 minutes, turning the corn half way through cooking. Cook until kernels are tender and lightly browned. (Cooking time will depend on size of corn, how full air fryer basket is, & different models/sizes of air fryers).
- While the corn air frys, make the cheese mixture. In a bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined.
- After corn is cooked, spread the cheese mixture over the corn. Sprinkle with extra crumbled cheese, paprika or chili powder, green onions and/or chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s more great–> Appetizer Recipes in the Air fryer
Hope you enjoy our air fryer Mexican street corn recipe! Here’s some more corn ideas for Summer!