Air Fryer Butternut Squash
Air fryer butternut squash is an awesome vegetable loaded with nutrients and flavor. If you’re a fan of roasted butternut squash, then you’re going to love this air fried version just as much!
Easy Air Fryer Butternut Squash Recipe
This recipe is one of those quick and easy recipes that will be your go-to. It’s so simple to learn how to cook butternut squash in the air fryer. The texture of the squash is just like roasting in the oven but even crispier! With some added seasonings and little olive oil spray, you get a fantastic butternut squash side dish that’s healthy and easy. You don’t need much oil at all and the flavor comes out delicious.
Video making Butternut Squash in the Air Fryer:
How to Air Fry Butternut Squash: Step-By-Step Photos
This is the perfect vegetarian, vegan and plant based recipe. The butternut squash can be served as a side dish for any occasion, especially for holidays. Air fried butternut squash is fantastic as Thanksgiving side dish that won’t take up the oven or stove. It is also great for any time of the year. Add the crispy squash on top of a salad or add your favorite salad toppings on it. Chopped nuts, cheese and dried fruit are just a few options to add to the squash. Have leftovers? The squash is great in tortillas for butternut squash quesadillas or tacos!
- Start with fresh butternut squash. Frozen butternut squash is ok, it’ll be mushy. Fresh is always better!
- Peel squash and cut into cubes and season with oil and seasonings.
- Add to air fryer basket and cook until tender. More recipe details in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- 1 small butternut squash (1.5 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2” cubes
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Cut and peel butternut squash into bite sized pieces, about 1/2" cubes.
- Whisk together oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add butternut squash cubes and toss in marinade to coat all squash pieces.
- Add the squash to air fryer basket (if you have a small air fryer, cook it in two batches). Try to keep the squash in a single layer for more even cooking.
- Air Fry at 380°F for 20-24 minutes. After cooking for 10 minutes, shake and turn the squash, then continue cooking for the remaining 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.Serve warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Check out more of our air fryer holiday recipes here and more nutrition info about butternut squash.butternut squash. If you made this recipe please share with us in the comments below! Thanks so much and happy eating!