Air Fried Acorn Squash
Looking for an easy way to cook acorn squash? Our air fryer method is the perfect side dish air fried acorn squash! We’re obsessed with air frying all types of squash.
Easy Air Fried Acorn Squash Recipe
Our popular zucchini and summer squash and butternut squash air fryer recipes have been a hit with our Air fryer club. This is also the perfect side dish for holidays or thanksgiving because cooking the air fryer squash frees up traditional oven and stove top space. The squash comes out super tender and wonderful. Don’t worry about the skin being tough because skin cooks easily too. So you don’t have to peel the squash unless you prefer the squash without the skin. Add another drizzle of melted butter before serving and it’s perfect with the turkey or what ever you decide to serve it with!
Watch the Video cooking Acorn Squash in the Air Fryer
How to Cook Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- The skin of acorn squash cooks soft and is totally edible if you want to keep the skin-on. If you prefer to air fryer the squash with the skin off, then just peel the squash before you cut into it.
- Wash and trim ends of the acorn squash. Halve the squash and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Slice the acorn squash. Read recipe box below for more recipe details
Can You Freeze Leftover Acorn Squash?
Yes, you can but the texture really isn’t ideal. When it does thaw, it will be slightly watery and mushy. If you don’t mind that texture, then you’re good to go! One way to get it less mushy after thawing is to air fry it at 380F for about 5-8 minutes, or until it’s warmed to your desired texture.
Air Fried Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 1/4 cup (45 g) butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) brown sugar , or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) kosher salt , or to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- melted butter
- chopped roasted nuts
- pomegranate seeds
- Trim the top & bottom off the acorn squash, and then cut the squash in half from top to bottom. Scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Lay the squash cut side down on the cutting board, and cut the squash into half rings, about 1/2-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Toss the acorn squash rings in the butter mixture until well coated. Place in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 375°F for about 15-20 minutes or until tender, flipping the squash after the first 10 minutes. Remember to flip so the squash cooks evenly.
- You can make it extra delicious by drizzling the squash with extra melted butter, chopped nuts, and pomegranate seeds. Taste for seasoning and add a little more salt & pepper if desired.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s more air fried recipes for you to enjoy.