Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
These air fryer frozen turkey burgers are so simple to prepare and great for a quick meal. We’ll give you time, temperature and tips for cooking frozen turkey patties in the air fryer. We’re obsessed with these patties!
Can you cook air fryer frozen turkey burgers or patties?
You will be amazed: Yes you definitely can and the results are amazing! The hot circulating air of the air fryer cooks the turkey patties from frozen, straight from the freezer. The turkey burger patties are fantastic, simple budget friendly. You save alot of money by making these at home rather than going out to eat.
Do you need to thaw frozen patties before air frying?
No you don’t have to thaw the raw patties. Just place the frozen turkey patties in the air fryer and start air frying. After your first batch you’ll know more of what the best timing is for specific air fryer and brand of turkey patty. All air fryers cook a little differently. THAWED: But if you do end up using thawed patties, just reduce cooking time. Thawed patties will cook quicker than frozen patties.
Video: Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burger Patties
Jennie-O Frozen Turkey Patty in Air Fryer
We loved this brand because it was the most flavorful and juicy of all the brands. The Jennie-O frozen patties are a mix of brown and white meat, which gives great flavor. It’s a 1/3 pound patty, but it’s flat and wide. This makes for for even air frying. It’s not too thick in the center so you’ll have less chance of it being raw in the center. These do shrink down quite a bit.
Good & Gather Target Brand Frozen Turkey Patties
These are 1/3 pound patties and thicker. The flavor was ok and can easily dry out. So make sure after the second flip, you’re checking the patties to ensure they’re cooked. Even a minute too long in the air fryer, especially in a powerful air fryer, can dry these patties out quick.
Trader Joe’s Turkey Burger Patties (Frozen)
These are 1/4 pound patties and the smallest of all the patties. They do shrink down quite a bit in the air fryer. The flavor is good and well seasoned. Make sure to monitor these patties so they don’t dry out.
Tips for How to Air Fry Frozen Turkey Burger Patties
- Add a light layer of oil spray or light brush of oil on both sides of frozen patties. This helps keep the patty moist and juicy on the outside without drying out too much.
- Do not pre-heat the air fryer. The frozen patties shouldn’t cook too hot and too quick. You don’t want the middle of the patty to still be frozen while the outside is cooked too quick.
- Is your patty thick or thin patty? There’s so many different brands so you will need to adjust timing.
- Like we mentioned above after you cook your first batch you’ll know what the best timing is for your preferred doneness.
- With so many different air fryer models, styles and different brands of burger patties timing will vary.
- Warm the buns: Air fry your burger buns for about 1 minute. Warm burger buns are extra delicious.
- Use a digital thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the patty is 165°F. This is the recommended temperature.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Great Burger topping ideas
- Different types of lettuce and greens can elevate a burger. Arugula, spinach, green leaf, red leaf and butter leaf are great for burgers
- Sweet heirloom tomatoes are an amazing addition to hamburgers.
- Good cheeses like sharp cheddar, aged Swiss, smoked Gouda and blue cheese make a burger taste great. And there’s lots of different vegan, plant based brands of cheese too.
- Add sauces like bbq sauce, flavorful hot sauce, Buffalo wing sauce and different cheese sauces.
- have you heard of chili crisp or chili crunch? They’re a delicious and flavorful condiment often found in Chinese restaurants. A scoop of this crunchy onion and garlic condiment will take the air fryer turkey burgers to a whole new umami level!
Keto or Low Carb Turkey Wraps with Lettuce
Ditch the buns and make turkey protein lettuce wraps! If you’re on the keto or low carb diet, replacing the buns with fresh crispy lettuce is great. It’s an easy way to eat healthier and add more greens to the turkey. These turkey lettuce wraps are super delicious and fresh. Add some extra pickles or cucumber slices for the extra crunch. If you want to try a vegan based burger here’s our recipe for air fryer beyond burgers
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
- 4 frozen raw turkey patties , usually sold as either 1/4 lb.(113g) or 1/3 lb.(150g)
- salt , to taste if needed
- Lots of black pepper
- oil spray , for coating
- 4 Buns , + optional cheese, pickles, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, cooked bacon etc.
- Spray both sides of frozen turkey patties with oil. Season with optional salt and pepper. Spray the air fryer basket with oil. Place the patties in the basket in a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
- 1/4 lb. frozen turkey patties: Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for a total of about 12-17 minutes. After the first 10 minutes flip the patties and continue Air Frying at 380°F/193°C for another 2-7 minutes or until it’s cooked to your preferred doneness. The internal temperature should be 165°F/74°C.
- 1/3 lb. frozen turkey patties: Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for a total of about 13-18 minutes. After the first 10 minutes flip the patties and continue Air Frying at 380°F/193°C for another 3-8 minutes or until it’s cooked to your preferred doneness. The internal temperature should be 165°F/74°C.
- Cheeseburgers: add the slices of cheese on top of the cooked patties. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Cover the patties and let rest for 3 minutes. Warm the buns in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for about 3 minutes while patties are resting. Serve on buns, topped with your favorite burger toppings.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s our Recipe for Air Fryer Turkey Avocado Burgers from Scratch, Homemade! The flavors of our homemade turkey burgers is fantastic because we add a secret ingredient. Give then a try if you love a really umami and delicious burger patty.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Check out all our easy Burger recipes in the air fryer. We have lots of recipes to choose from.
- Frozen Beef hamburgers in the air fryer
- Hamburger from scratch
- Air fryer frozen egg rolls or crispy spring rolls
- Frozen tater tots or potato puffs in the air fryer
- Garlic bread in the air fryer
- Crispy frozen hash brown patties
- spooky halloween donuts
1 Comment on “Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers”
The air fryer is really the way to go when cooking anything. My frozen turkey patties cooked all the way through and it came out so good.