Air Fryer Ham Steaks in 8 minutes
These awesome air fryer ham steaks are so easy to make! Delicious fully cooked and thick slices of ham are ready in minutes for a quick dinner. Add a side of veggies to your air fried ham steak and dinner is served.
Air Fryer Ham Steaks Recipe
It’s so simple to make these ham steaks, they’re really fool proof. The only variable is how thick and how fatty the ham steak is. The thicker the steak, the longer it will take to air fry. But overall, these thicker steaks really take only about 8-10 minutes. This great article talks about ham steaks.
Video: Air Fryer Ham Steak
Tips on How to Air Fry Ham Steaks
- Make sure that these ham steaks are fully cooked ham. Whether you buy it in the slice or cut it from a whole ham, the timing for our technique is for pre-cooked ham.
- Ham steaks vary so much in size and thickness. So start at our base timing instruction and add additional minute or two until the ham is warmed to your liking.
- Types of Ham Steaks: You can air fry pre-cut ham steak slices that are sold individually or slice them from a larger ham. Or you can re-heat leftover ham as well.
- Glaze: we share a simple and delicious brown sugar glaze. But if you want to just use a little olive oil on top instead of a glaze that’s fine too. A light spritz of olive oil will keep the ham steak from drying out.
- All air fried ham steak recipe details are in the recipe box below.
How to Keep Ham Steaks from Drying Out
- Using a glaze will keep the ham steaks juicy during air frying. But if you prefer to not use any type of glaze, then a light spritz of olive oil or avocado oil will be great.
- Even a light brush of melted butter will do the trick and will give great flavor. It’s easy to overcook the ham and they’ll easily dry out. But the oil, butter or glaze will keep them super juicy! Serve them with some air fryer green beans, butternut squash, green bean casserole, asparagus or potatoes.
Air Fryer Ham Steaks
- 1 ham steak (about 1/2 inch thick, 1/2 lb. (1.25 cm – 227g))
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) honey
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) orange juice, pineapple juice or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) mustard (optional)
- Make the glaze: In bowl mix melted butter, brown sugar, honey, juice, and optional mustard.
- Cut ham into steaks if needed. Make sure they are a size that will fit in your air fryer. Brush both sides of ham steak with glaze.
- Place ham steak in a single layer in air fryer basket/rack. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the steaks and brush a little more glaze on top. Air fry for another 2-4 minutes or until the ham is brown and cooked to your liking.
- Brush with remaining glaze if desired before serving the ham.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Our favorite way to use leftover ham steak
When we’re hungry for something quick, we love using leftover ham for air fryer ham and cheese melts . It’s a great way to use leftovers for a quick and simple lunch. You can easily make the sandwiches by laying the ham and cheese between the bread first. Then leaving them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then when you’re ready to eat, just grab a sandwich out of the fridge. MIcrowave it for about 2 minute so it can warm up in the center. Then air fry it to make it crispy and melty.
2 Comments on “Air Fryer Ham Steaks in 8 minutes”
do you have any recipes that show how to cook the air fryer ham steaks and side of veggies at the same time
This recipe was really great for breakfast. It was both easy and quick.