This recipe is shared from our sister site BestRecipeBox.com . If you’re needing an easy every recipe, check that website for non air fryer foods!
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
Make a big pot of this homemade beef stew and everyone in your family will be fed and happy. It’s a classic comfort dish that always satisfies. The beef is super juicy and tender and the potatoes and carrots are perfectly cooked. It doesn’t take long to prepare this warm delicious dinner and takes just a few steps to have dinner on the table. Add all the ingredients in the slow cooker and the you return, the delicious aroma fills the house. Dinner is served and everyone will gobble up a warm, satisfying bowl. Best of all, there will be leftovers for lunch or make it into a pot pie! Beef stew pot pie is so good!
Watch the Video making Beef Stew in the Slow Cooker
How to Cook Beef Stew Recipe in Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
- Check out the full recipe in the recipe box below or print out the recipe. Cut the beef into small bite sized pieces. Traditional “Beef Stew” size is best. Just make sure they’re all evenly sized cut so they can cook evenly.
- Does your slow cooker have a “sauce” function? If so, try sautéing the onion, beef and garlic first before adding all the liquids in.
- Add tomato sauce, cubed beef, beef stock and other spices into the slow cooker. Make sure to push all the ingredients under the sauce so it’s fully immersed before you start slow cooking.
- Close the lid and come back to a favorite classic comfort dish everyone will enjoy!
This slow cooker split pea soup looks fantastic!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 pounds Beef Stew meat , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 carrots , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound potatoes , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 14 ounces tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (thyme, oregano, basil)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Slow Cooker
- In the slow cooker or crock pot, add all the ingredient (except water & cornstarch) in slow cooker (beef, onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes, broth, tomato sauce, soy/Worcestershire sauce, herbs, sugar, salt, and pepper).
- Stir all the ingredinets together and and make sure to push all ingredients down into the liquid. Cover and cook the stew on Low for 8 hours or about 5-6 hours on High.
- Make the corn starch slurry to thicken the beef stew: In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the corn starch slurry into the beef stew, cover with the lid, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the stew sauce thickens. Enjoy!