This recipe is shared from our sister site BestRecipeBox.com . If you’re needing an easy every recipe, check that website for non air fryer foods!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Salad
Craving a low carb and easy lunch or dinner? You should have this as one of our easy go-to weeknight dinner recipes: Slow cooker chicken taco salad. The flavors are fantastic and there’s nothing easier than adding everything to your slow cooker or crock pot. The delicious aroma will fill the house and you’ll have a fantastic Mexican chicken for your healthy taco salad. Add what ever topping you want and make this taco salad awesome. The shredded chicken comes out juicy and tender. You’ll have leftovers for quesadillas, soup or tacos!
Watch the Video making the super easy Chicken Taco Salad from the Slow Cooker
How to Make Crock Pot or Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
We like to cook boneless thigh meat because there’s lots more flavor. You can definitely use boneless skinless chicken breast if you want to make it a little healthier. What ever you use, the crock pot or slow cooker will cook the chicken to tender perfection. It’ll be so juicy and hope you love it was much as we do.
- Add boneless skinless chicken to slow cooker or crock pot.
- Add tomato sauce and all the Mexican chicken spices.
- More Recipe Details in the recipe box below. You can also print out the recipe.
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Salad
Chicken thigh or leg meat will be juicer than breast meat, but if you prefer, the breast meat still comes out quite nice. We'll usually prefer boneless, skinless but feel free to use whatever you have available.
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken , preferrably boneless and skinless (*see head note)
- 1 cup tomato sauce or salsa
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or more to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder , or to taste (optional, for spicy flavor)
For the Salad
- 6 cups chopped lettuce
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- lime wedges
- hot sauce
- sliced radishes
- diced or sliced red onion
- Slow Cooker
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker (chicken, tomato sauce or salsa, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and optional chipotle powder). Stir to completely coat the chicken with the spices & sauce.
- Slow cook 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the slow cooker, cut into 1-2 inch pieces, then place back in the slow cooker. Shed with a couple forks to break up the chicken.
- Taste the chicken and add more salt if needed.
- When ready to serve, top the lettuce with the shredded chicken and with whatever other preferred toppings you like.
More Great–> Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Recipes
This slow cooker gravy chicken recipe looks fantastic!