Air Fryer Easy Bagels Recipe – Only 3 ingredients
You’re going to love this easy homemade air fryer bagels recipe that’s air fried because they’re super easy! It only takes 3 basic ingredients to make a batch of these super delicious yogurt-based bagels. All you need is self rising flour, thick non-fat greek yogurt and some seasonings.
Easy Air Fryer Bagels Recipe
Yes, that’s right these bagels use greek yogurt as the base. It’s amazing to bite into one and taste the wonderful flavors of yogurt in a bagel. Best of all, they’re bagels made in the air fryer and they’re super easy to make! There’ really no secret to these bagels. You just need to decide if you want to decide to add any optional seeds or toppings. After that, you’re ready to devour the best easy bagels made in the air fryer.
Watch the Video making these 3-ingredient Bagels in the Air Fryer
How to Make Air Fried Bagels in Air Fryer
- Step one: Add greek yogurt and self rising flour to bowl. Mix until everything combines. Add to lightly floured surface. Lightly knead for about 30 seconds.
- Two: Shape dough into a ball and cut into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Flour your finger and poke a hole through the dough ball. Stretch the center of the hole and create a bagel shape
- Three: Brush with egg and if desired, add your seed toppings. More homemade air fryer bagels details on time and temp in the recipe box below.
Bagel Toppings Ideas
The bagel variety possibilities are endless with so many options for the top of these air fryer bagels. Here’s some delicious ideas:
- Everything bagel seasonings (probably the most popular!)
- Cinnamon Sugar or cinnamon raisin
- Sliced pickled jalapeños with cheese
- Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion or other seeded spices
- Cheddar cheese, asiago, parmesan or other cheeses
- Sun dried tomato
- Dried herbs
Easy 3-Ingredient AIR FRYER Bagels
For the Bagels:
- 1 cup (240 ML) plain, thick non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup (125 g) self rising flour , *if using all purpose flour, see note above.
Optional Top ingredients:
- 1 (1) large egg , beaten * read note
- (optional) bagel toppings: Sesame seeds, pre-mixed bagel seasonings, poppy seeds, cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeños.
- Drain yogurt of excess liquid before you measure it out. Combine yogurt and flour until all the flour is mixed into the yogurt and dough forms a ball.
- Sprinkle a light layer of flour on a cutting board. Knead the dough for about 30 seconds. Cut the dough into 4 equal parts. If dough is sticky lightly flour your hands. Don’t add too much flour or the dough will become tough.
- Roll each dough piece into a ball. Lightly flour your finger, then poke it in the center of the dough ball to create a hole. Look at the step by step photos on the website. These photos are helpful.
- Gently stretch out the center hole to be about 1” wide opening and shape the the dough into a bagel shape.
- Brush egg over the bagels. If adding seeds, sprinkle seeds or seasonings on top of bagels.
- Spray air fryer basket or tray with oil to make sure bagel doesn’t stick while cooking (you can also use air fryer parchment sheets).
- Gently place bagels in your air fryer, leaving enough room between the bagels for the to expand. Don’t crowd the basket or rack. Cook the bagels in batches.
- Air Fry at 330°F for about 10-14 minutes, or until bagels are golden and cooked in the center.
- Serve with cream cheese or make an awesome bagel sandwich out of it.
- We prefer the Stonyfield non-fat greek yogurt and Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt. If you want to use whole milk yogurt, the Chobani whole milk greek yogurt is also thick and easy to work with.
- These bagels have a wonderful yogurt taste so don’t be surprise if there’s a slight sour taste to the bagels.
- The egg wash is optional and for folks who can’t eat eggs feel free to leave it out. But if you can eat eggs, they add a great chewy and crisp, brown texture to the bagels. They also help the seeds to stick to the top of the bagels.
- Read the recipe write up for all the different bagel topping ideas.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s other regular recipe site’s Oven Baked Bagel Recipe. Still super simple and delish!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
- Air Fryer Spicy Cauliflower
- What is Air Frying? A Guide to Eating Healthier
- Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms
- This recipe was originally published in 2019.
17 Comments on “Air Fryer Easy Bagels Recipe – Only 3 ingredients”
I love how my bagels turn out after I put them in the air fryer! Thanks for the suggestion!
Bagels in an air fryer. Can’t believe it then I tried it. They came out amazing, way better than store bought.
what size air fryer was used in this recipe?
In the photo we used a 5.8 Quart Cosori. If you’re using a smaller air fryer, you might only be able to cook 2 bagels at a time.
Has anyone tried mixing anything IN the bagel dough? Like cinnamon chips or chocolate chips?
Hi! Can I replace Greek yogurt with normal yogurt or sour cream?
Hi Sheena, yes you can use normal yogurt but it might not be as thick as greek yogurt. In this case, just use a little more flour until you can manage the shaping of the bagels. We haven’t used sour cream yet, but have heard that it does work well!
Hi, these look great!
Can I make the bagels in advance, freeze them, and then put them in the air fryer from frozen?
Hi Josh, yes you can air fry them ahead of time. Allow the bagels to completely cool then freeze. When you’re ready to re-heat, air fry at 350F for about 3-5 minutes, depending on how many and size of your air fryer.
Can you prepare the bagels the night before?
Hi Christina! You can make the bagels the night before and then re-heat them in the air fryer for about 2 minutes. Enjoy1
They ended up really small and kind of wet they tasted good tho. Prep made a real mess, which I expected but, the results were not worth the work.
Hi Lisa, maybe your batch could have used a little more time or an extra flip. Every air fryer is different. If you try it again, let know how it turns out with the extra cooking time!
My son loves having a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast every day. This homemade recipe was a total game changer for him. He is in love.
This was a lot of fun to make. I’m a big bagel fan and being able to make my own bagels in the morning so easily with the air fryer is just awesome.
I tried this over the President’s Day holiday for my kids and yes, you can absolutely cook bagels in the air fryer with just 3 ingredients. I couldn’t believe it at first but it totally works and they taste GREAT.