Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets
We love fish fillets and learning how to cook raw fish fillets from frozen in the air fryer is super easy and we think you’ll love them too! They come out crispy and absolutely delicious! Cooking Air fried frozen fish is a game changer.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets (RAW)
Frozen fish fillets are better air fried than a regular oven because the hot circulating air makes the fish fillets crispy without having to oil them. Add some tarter sauce and a few slices of lemon and voila! It’s perfect with the bright lemon juice and dip. And if you want to make it a meal, air fry some french fries after for a perfect fish and chips air fryer dinner! All time, temp and details are in the recipe box below.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Fish Fillets
Adjusting Time and Temp
- All the frozen fillets we found were frozen RAW. There’s so many different brands of frozen fish fillets: Gortons, Van de Kamps, Great Value, Birds Eye. Mrs. Pauls and Marie Calendars are a few brands to look for.
- When you’re air frying the fish fillets, check to make sure they’re cooked through on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Your first batch will basically be like the “test”. After that, you’ll know exactly what time and temp you’ll use with your specific air fryer. After that, you’ll be the air frying fish fillet expert!
- See recipe below for details.
Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillet
- 4 Frozen Breaded Fish Fillet
- Place the frozen breaded fish fillet in the air fryer basket. Make sure they aren't overlapping. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 12 minutes. Flip the fish fillets over and then continue to cook at 380°F/193°C for another 2-4 minutes or until cooked through and the coating is crispy.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Lay in a single layer.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
You Might also Love these Air Fryer Fish Recipes
- (Homemade Fresh) Air Fryer Fish Fillets
- Air Fryer Shake N’ Bake Style Crispy Fish Fillets
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- Healthy Air Fryer White Fish with Garlic and Lemon Pepper
Here’s some great fish fillet recipes to try in your air fryer.
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-publihsed in 2020 with updated notes.