Air Fryer Hard “Boiled” Eggs
Yes, you can make air fried hard boiled eggs. It’s hard to believe how easy it is to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, but it is easier than even boiling water. And one less thing to clean afterwards too! After your first batch of air fried boiled eggs you’ll be hooked.
Air fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
We had a hard time convincing everyone about to how simple it is to make air fried boiled eggs. So we created this writeup and video! This air frying concept is mind blowing but it works like a charm. If you want to learn how to make these, watch our video and our photos below.
Watch the Video making Hard “Boiled” Eggs in the Air Fryer
How To: Tips for Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
- Air fryer temperatures vary slightly between different models. We’ve tested 4 different air fryers at 270°F for 15 minutes. The yolk is perfectly set and not dry.
- Don’t air fry a huge batch at once if it’s your first time! Cook a test batch first of maybe 1-2 eggs. It’s trial and error at first and after that, you’ll know exactly what the best time and temp is in your air fryer model and the size of your eggs.
- Some people think eggs need to be at room temperature but we used cold eggs straight from the fridge and it worked fine.
- If air frying a dozen eggs at a time, you might have to increase cooking time by maybe 2 minutes to make sure all the yolks are cooked through.
- Our recipe timing is for large eggs. If you’re using small, medium or jumbo eggs, adjust your time! Recipe details are below in the recipe box.
How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer
- Carefully add raw eggs in the air fryer basket.
- After cooking in the air fryer, immediately add to a bowl of ice water.
- It’s so easy to peel. If shells stick a bit, just dip in the water or peel under the water.
- all recipe details are in the recipe box below
Air Fryer Hard “Boiled” Eggs Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- Gently place raw eggs in air fryer basket or air fryer rack. Air fry at 270°F for 15-18 minutes. Set your timer! While eggs are cooking, fill a bowl with ice water.
- When eggs are finished, immediately place them in the ice bath for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs. If it’s hard peeling, try peeling them under water.
- If you want your eggs more or less cooked, just adjust your timing next time you cook. Enjoy!
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the latter batches may cook quicker since the air fryer is now warmer then for the first batch.
- This recipe is written up with Air Fryer NOT preheated. If you preheat, use less time for the cooking.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
More great egg recipes here:
10 Comments on “Air Fryer Hard “Boiled” Eggs”
This is nuts! I love this little hack. Can’t believe I can actually boil eggs in my air fryer.
I’m usually really scared of boiling eggs with my little kids around. This is a much safer suggestion. Thanks a bunch!
I have NEVER been able to find the “trick” to hard boil eggs. My entire family teases me about this. This air fryer method has changed my life! I have the Cosori 6 qt. I first tried 2 at 270 for 15 minutes. One cracked at 13 minutes so I stopped it. (I do not have a wire rack). The whites were ok but the yellow parts were still a bit soft. Thank goodness I didn’t quit. I then did 6 eggs at 270 for 16 minutes. These were just right! There is a little discoloration so if you are particular, you may not want to do this for deviled eggs. However, I will never boil another egg!
thanks for the feedback and so glad you’re enjoying these air fryer hard boiled eggs as much as we do! 🙂
I have been doing boiled eggs in my air drier for a long time. 260 for for 18 minutes. Also I make soft boiled eggs 260 for 11 minutes. Great
Is there a taste difference between boiled and air fry
Hi! We don’t notice a taste difference at all. If anyone of our readers does, hopefully they’ll share their input.
I just got my air fryer through QVC. It’s 5.5 quart and 1800 watts. What’s the best time and temp to try 2 hard boiled eggs at?
Hi Martina, we would still suggest what the recipe box says: 280F for about 15 minutes. After tasting the eggs, you can decide if you want less time for a more soft boil.
Love how easy and fast it is to make hard boiled eggs in my air fryer!