Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas
Kids love these air fryer tortilla pizzas! The crispy tortilla shell is a great base for quick and easy pizzas. Air frying pizzas with tortillas is a game changer!
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas
Cooking flour tortillas in the air fryer to be a crispy pizza shell is quick, simple and amazing. Tortillas are a simple pantry item and when you want a quick snack or meal, make them into pizzas! From corn tortillas to flour tortillas, there’s so many different possibilities especially with so many different topping options. If you want to be ambitious and make your own homemade tortillas, here’s a great article.
Video: Recipe for Tortilla Pizzas in Air Fryer
Tips for How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas
- Flour tortillas crisp easily in the air fryer without oil. But if you’re using corn tortillas, add a light layer of oil on each side of the tortilla. The oil helps make the corn tortilla crispier.
- Our recipe says to heat both sides of the tortilla. This helps make the tortilla more crispy and it holds up to the sauce and toppings better. If the tortilla is too soggy or soft, it will be hard to hold the “pizza”.
- Don’t add too much sauce because it will weigh down the tortilla and make it soggy. Just a light coating of sauce will work fine!
- Allow the pizza to cool for about 2-3 minutes before cutting. The toppings can be super hot so don’t burn your tongue!
- Pro Tip: Use an air fryer rack that fits your air fryer to keep the toppings from flying around. The hot circulating air can blow your cheese and toppings off the pizza. These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking. Here’s the air fryer rack .
- Every air fryer model cooks a little different. You might need add a few more minutes to get the pizza to your preferred texture if you’re cooking in a large oven style or toaster style air fryer.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Pro Tip: Use an air fryer rack that fits your air fryer to keep the toppings from flying around. The hot circulating air can blow your cheese and toppings off the pizza. These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking
How to Have a Pizza Party using the Air Fryer?
The air fryer is perfect to have as a pizza party bar. Have fun creating a pizza bar and let everyone customize their own pizzas. Lay out your toppings, different sauces and cheeses. Everyone can make their own and you can manage the air fryer and cook the pizzas for them. Or have one person in charge of air frying so that all the pizzas cook the same and won’t burn.
- We suggest using 6″ flour tortillas so they can be more personal size.
- Pizza Sauce Options: Red pizza sauce, white Alfredo sauce, bbq sauce, pesto, or any sauce that you like.
- Shredded cheese options: Mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, Mexican blend, pepper jack
- Meat Toppings: pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, cooked diced ham, cooked leftover or roast chicken
- Vegetable Toppings: sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, pineapple chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil, fresh basil
- Taco Tortilla Pizza: our most popular toppings is for making a taco pizza. Use some salsa as the base, top with black beans, some diced green chiles and cheese.
- Check out all our easy pizza recipes in the air fryer here.
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas
- 1 flour tortilla (6-8-inch size)
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) pizza sauce or salsa
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) shredded cheese
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pepperoni, cooked Sausage, Bacon pieces, red onion, black beans, sliced or diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms, etc.
Other Sauce Options
- BBQ Sauce, Salsa, White (Alfredo) Sauce, Pesto, etc.
- Air Fryer Rack optional
- Place the tortilla in air fryer. Air Fry at 360°F/182°C about 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla is nearly crispy.
- Flip the tortilla over. Spread the sauce over the tortilla. Top with cheese and add additional salt, pepper and other preferred toppings.
- To keep your topping from flying around, place an air fryer rack over the tortilla pizza.
- Air Fry the pizza at 360°F/182°C for 2-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
4 Comments on “Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas”
This was a really fun recipe. The kids were all over the tortilla pizza.
We made ours into breakfast pizzas. Love this for making quick meals!
Hi Sandra, thanks for sharing! We love the idea of breakfast pizzas!!
Made this last night. I had to use the only size I had on hand, that was the sidewalk taco size. About 4 inches. I was able to do 3 at a time though. I forgot to brush with olive oil but it didn’t really matter. The first cook got them stiff and ready for the sauce. We put Italian sweet sausage, green pepper, pepperoni and of course cheese. I had planned to put mushrooms on them to but forgot. My husband ate 6 of them, I ate 3 but would have loved a few more. This is a keeper for sure. Can’t wait for the grand kids to come over.