Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Wings
When we make a batch of these air fryer parmesan chicken wings, they’re devoured within minutes. Everyone raves about amazing they taste. We love that they’re quick to make. It’s also an easy keto chicken wings recipe for anyone wanting to have a low carb appetizer.
Low Carb Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Wings
The parmesan crust on these air fried chicken wings are fantastic! If you love the savory flavor of garlic parmesan, these wings are perfect for you. What we love so much about these wings is all the flavor and crunch in each chicken wing bite. You might need to make a double or triple batch because they’re that delicious.
Video: Recipe for Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Wings
How to Air Fry Parmesan Chicken Wings
- If the wings are wet, pat dry with a paper towel. If the chicken wings are whole, cut them into separate pieces.
- After you dip the wings in egg, make sure the press the coated wing into the Parmesan Cheese. These will make ensure that the cheese sticks.
- Make sure to lay all your wings in a single layer for even cooking. Cook in batches if needed.
- All air fryers cook a little differently. Also, chicken wings vary in size and thickness. So after you first batch you’ll know what the best timing is for your specific air fryer model, size of wings and personal taste.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Can you Freeze These Wings?
Sure, you can! When you’re ready to eat them just re-heat the chicken wings in the air fryer at 380F for about 5-9 minutes. Every air fryer is different so make sure to check on them often so that they don’t burn. The more frozen wings you’re re-heating the more time it will take.
What Are Good Sauces for Chicken Wings?
These wings are super flavorful already. But if you want to add another layer of your favorite flavors, you can certainly coat the wings in the sauce. Or you can serve the dips on the side so that each wing can be customized in your dip of choice.
- Buttermilk ranch dressing – this would be great for keto chicken wings
- Sriracha mayo: just mix together some hot sauce and ranch
- Buffalo wing sauce. We have an awesome air fryer buffalo wings recipe here.
- BBQ sauce
- Honey mustard sauce
Air Fryer Parmesan Wings
- 1 lb. (454 g) chicken wings
- Kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder , optional
- 1 (1 ) egg , beaten
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated parmesan cheese , or as needed
- oil spray , to coat the wings
- Pat the chicken wings dry in needed. Season with salt, pepper, and optional garlic powder.
- Put the beaten egg in one bowl and the grated parmesan in another. Dip the wings in the beaten egg, shaking off excess egg from the chicken wing.
- Dip the coated wings in the parmesan, turning to coat completely. Repeat with the remaining wings.
- Spray the air fryer basket/tray with oil spray. Lay the wings in a single layer in the basket/tray (cook in batches if needed). Spray with wings with oil to coat completely.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 15 minutes. Turn the wings and continue to Air Fry for another 5-15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. If you’re cooking a lot of wings at once, you might need a 3rd toss or flip.
- Serve the wings hot with any desired sauces for dipping.
- Turn the wings several times for even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd fryer basket.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the following batches will take less time to cook since the air fryer is now pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).