Air Fryer Italian Pork Chops Parmigiana
These Air fryer Italian pork chops are for you! We know you’ll love this air fried pork parmigiana for your next family diner.
Best Air Fryer Pork Parmigiana Recipe
Our air fried pork recipes are so popular that we’ve been working around the clock to bring you more! What is pork parmigiana? Pork parmigiana is a popular Italian breaded pork chops recipe that is always a family favorite. The final results of our tests is this Air fryer version to make dinner easier and quicker. After a long day of work, just pull out the prepped ingredients and you have a fantastic homemade meal. Have you cooked our air fryer chicken parmesan and Air Fried Breaded Pork Chops ? you’ll love them!
Watch the Video making the Pork Parmigiana in the Air Fryer
Best Bread Crumbs
Air Fried Italian Pork is so simple, they’ll quickly become a family favorite. There’s all types of bread crumbs to use.
- You can use regular bread crumbs. These are the most common and popular.
- Italian bread crumbs are great because they have Italian seasonings for added flavor.
- Flaky Japanese panko bread crumbs are fantastic. They all result in a crispy outside texture and juicy on the inside.
- Egg Coating: What helps these Air fried breaded pork parmigiana juicy is the egg coating. This coating helps keep the pork chops moist during air frying.
- All it takes is a few steps and a few simple ingredients to get a fantastic pork dinner on the table.
How to Make Air Fried Pork Parmigiana
- Step one: Season the pork chops. Combine bread crumbs, cheese and parsley.
- Two: Coat pork chops with egg, then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Spray with oil on both sides of the coated pork chops.
- Three: Add breaded pork chops to air fryer basket. Air fry and voila! Crispy Italian crusted pork chops. Add cheese and sauce if desired.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below that you can print out.
Air Fryer Italian Pork Chops Parmigiana
- 3 (6 oz.) (170g) pork chops , rinsed & patted dry
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- garlic powder , to taste
- smoked paprika , to taste
- 1/2 cup (54 g) breadcrumbs , approximately
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chopped Italian parsley , plus more for optional garnish
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray , for coating the pork chops
- 1/2 cup (56 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (240 ml) marinara sauce , heated
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip each pork chop in egg and then dredge it in the breadcrumb mixture, coating completely. Lightly spray both sides of coated pork chops with cooking spray right before cooking.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 380°F for 4 minutes. This will give the breaded pork chops a great sear.
- Lay pork chops in Air Fryer and cook at 380°F (194°C) for 8-12 minutes. After 6 minutes of cooking, flip the pork chops and then continue cooking for the remainder of time or until golden and internal temperature reaches 145-160°F.
- Top with cheese and air fry for 2 more minutes to melt the cheese. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches & not pre-heating before first batch , the first batch will take longer to cook.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
- Preheating the Air Fryer is preferable. If you don’t preheat, add more time to the cooking.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Other Great Air Fryer Pork Recipes
Originally published in 2020 and updated in 2021.
Hope you enjoy our Air Fryer Italian Pork recipe! Here’s more Italian Recipes to try.
3 Comments on “Air Fryer Italian Pork Chops Parmigiana”
I prefer to cook my favorite pork chops in an air fryer now. The air fryer is a game changer. I love not having to use a lot of oil. The crust on these pork chops came out perfect and crispy.
thanks for enjoying the recipe. The air fryer definitely is a game changer for healthy dinners!
Y’all need to try this! I get to have pork chop parmigiana without feeling TOO guilty since it’s cooked in an air fryer!