Air Fryer English Muffin Pizza
When your kids are craving pizza, make air fryer English muffin pizza! If you have some English muffins on hand, this is a fantastic way to make a easy air fried pizza snack for the kids.
English Muffin Pizzas in the Air Fryer
Using English muffins in the air fryer to be a crispy pizza base is quick, simple and amazing. English Muffins are a simple pantry item and when you want a quick snack or meal, they’re perfect for pizzas!
From whole wheat to regular English muffins, there’s so many different possibilities especially with so many different topping options. These English muffins are super crispy and perfect to hold all the sauce and toppings.
Video: Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZAS (TIPS)
- Multigrain, whole wheat and regular English muffins are best. Don’t use flavored English muffins because they’re usually sweet and it doesn’t go well with the pizza sauce and toppings.
- We like to air fry both sides of the english muffin before adding the sauce and toppings . This helps make the english muffin more crispy and it holds up to the sauce and toppings better. If the english muffin is too soft, it might be soggy and hard to hold the “pizza”.
- Don’t add too much sauce because it will weigh down the center of the English muffin and make it soggy. Just a light coating of sauce will work fine!
- Caution: The toppings can be super hot so don’t burn your tongue! Allow the pizza to cool for about 2-3 minutes before cutting.
- Every air fryer model cooks a little different. You might need add a few more minutes to get the pizza to your preferred texture if you’re cooking in a large oven style or toaster style air fryer.
- All air fried english muffin pizza recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Check out all our pizza recipes in the air fryer here.
- Pro Tip: Use an air fryer rack that fits your air fryer to keep the toppings from flying around. The hot circulating air can blow your cheese and toppings off the pizza. These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking. Here’s the air fryer rack.
Prep-Ahead Ingredients and Topping Ideas:
If you want to make these super quick and easy, prep some of the toppings ahead of time. Chop up the veggies, grate the cheese and have the sauce ready. So when you’re ready to eat, just grab the English muffins, sauce and toppings. You’re ready to just top the English muffins and air fry these asap. Within minutes you’ll have warm crispy pizza snacks for the whole family.
- Pizza Sauce Options: Red pizza sauce, white Alfredo sauce, bbq sauce, pesto, or any sauce that you like.
- Cheese Options: Mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, Mexican blend, pepper jack, blue cheese, feta
- Meat Toppings: pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, cooked diced ham, cooked leftover or roast chicken
- Vegetable Toppings: sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, pineapple, chopped sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil
Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas
- 2 English Muffins , split in half
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (40 g) shredded cheese
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pepperoni, cooked Sausage, Bacon pieces, diced Ham, sliced or diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pineapple, etc.
Other Sauce Options
- BBQ Sauce, Salsa, White (Alfredo) Sauce, Pesto, etc.
- Split the English muffins and place split side down in the air fryer (only cook in a single layer – cook in batches if needed).
- Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for 2 minutes. Flip the English muffins.
- Air fry at 360°F/182°C for another 1-2 minutes (if you want the crusts extra crispy – air fry each side an additional minute or two more).
- Add sauce, toppings, and cheese on top of the English muffins. Lightly spray with oil for extra crispy.
- Cover toppings with an air fryer rack to keep toppings from flying around.
- Air Fry 360°F/182°C for 2-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Try air frying for about 2 minutes first. If you want the top to be crispier, add additional minute or two until the pizza is crispy and cheese is melted.
- Allow pizza to cool for about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).