Air Fryer Chicken Hot Dogs (Franks)
If you’re a fan of chicken weiners or chicken hot dogs, have you tried our air fryer chicken hot dogs? Air frying is so much better than microwaving or boiling hot dogs. Best of all, the hot circulating air makes these air fryer chicken franks so perfectly crisp, almost like grilling.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Hot Dogs (Franks)
Most of the time when you’re busy or want to get the kids a quick snack, microwaving hot dogs is the go-to method. Second method is boiling them. But these air fryer chicken hot dogs are a game changer. The texture is pretty much like grilling hot dogs where the outside is nice and crisp. The hot dogs have a wonderful “snap”, something you can’t get from boiling or microwaving them. Check out all our hot dogs in air fryer recipes here.
Video: Time and Temp for Air Fryer Chicken Hot Dogs
Best Brands of Turkey and Chicken Hot Dogs
With so many different large brands and micro brands, the selection of chicken hot dogs or turkey hot dogs are pretty extensive. Get to know your options and this will make your devouring so much more interesting.
Air Fryer Chicken Hot Dogs
- 4 chicken hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- oil spray , for coating hot dogs
Topping Options for Serving
- ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, pickles, jalapeños, sauteed onion, crispy onions or shallots, hot sauce, bell peppers, etc.
- Place the chicken hot dogs in air fryer basket/tray in a single layer.
- Lightly spray the chicken hot dogs with oil spray.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 4 minutes. Shake or flip the chicken hot dogs.
- Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 1-3 minutes, depending on your preferred texture and size of chicken hot dogs.
- Either warm the buns separately in the fryer for 1 minute if you like the inside of the bun crispy. Or place the chicken hot dogs in the buns and put back in the air fryer. Then Air Fry for about 1 minute for the buns to warm and crisp.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Warm the Buns in the Air Fryer
You have to warm the buns in the air fryer. It’s so good to eat your crisp air fryer hot dogs with a warm bun. Don’t put those hot dogs in a cold bun. Where is the love?! Once you warm the buns for about 1-2 minutes, you won’t ever eat a cold hard bun again. Trust us on this.
Make it a chili dog
If you like chili, find or make some chicken or turkey chili. Top it on your air fried chicken hot dog along with some shredded cheese. WOW. This is so good and trust us, we’ve tested this and it’s amazing. Seriously, you have to try it. After your hot dog and buns are cooked in the air fryer, top it with some warm chili and cheese. You won’t ever buy these again because making them at home is way better and super budget friendly.
Ideas for Chicken Franks Toppings
There’s so many possibilities for topping hot dogs. You can use different pickles, sauces, relishes and more. But we love the most simple way to get the most flavor out of topping hot dogs, which is using different types of cheese. Most common cheese is using cheddar cheese, which is great! But have you tried other shredded cheeses?
- Spicy jack is a great way to make these chili dogs a little spicer. There’s so many different types of spicy cheese in the markets now. We’ve seen spicy cheddars and spicy gouda cheeses.
- Grated parmesan or asiago cheeses are great! They add an aged and super flavorful layer to the air fryer chicken franks or hot dogs. And they’re an easy to to kinda make your hot dogs fancy…. if you’re into that. Who doesn’t love something delicious?
- Monterey Jack and even some slices of smoked gouda really take these hot dogs to another level.
- For a caprese inspired chili cheese dog, add some slices of buffalo mozzarella and a slice of tomato for an over the top caprese chili cheese dog.
- Sauerkraut, pickles, relish and cabbage slaw are always popular.
- Learn more about the history of chicken hot dogs or franks