Air Fryer Beef Hot Dogs
Curious about cooking air fryer beef hot dogs? It’s one of our favorite ways to make this quick and easy meal in 10 minutes. We’re obsessed with air fryer beef franks and the flavor and texture is outstanding. Flavors are very much like if you were to cook these beef franks on the grill.
Can you air fry all beef hot dogs?
Oh yes you definitely can and it’ll be your go to method. The hot circulating air makes air fryer beef hot dogs quick, simple and still flavorful. The flavors of the all beef hot dogs really come through and you can control the texture. If you want it to be just cooked enough and plump, then 5 minutes should be perfect. But if you like your beef franks in the air fryer to be more crispy, just air fry for a few more minutes.
Video: Air Fryer Beef Hot Dogs or Franks
Different Brands of Beef Hot Dogs You can Air Fry
We tested so many different brands of hot dogs. Air frying times are consistent with the same size or length of hot dogs. But we developed a simple technique which allows cooking them for a base time of 5 minutes. Then from there, you add additional 2-3 minutes and continue air frying until it’s cooked to your preference. So cooking times will different slightly based on personal tastes.
Tips on How To Cook Beef Franks or Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
It’s so simple and relatively safe that your teenage kids can cook these on their own. They can learn how to cook air fried hot dogs themselves! Within about 5-10 quick minutes you can have this meal ready to devour. Here’s some tips on making this successful:
- There’s many different sizes and lengths of all beef hot dogs. But if you start with the minimum timing of 5 minutes, you’ll be very close. Then from there, check the franks and if you want them to be more crispy or charred, add additional minute or two of air frying time.
- You can cook them whole or score them. Scoring the hot dogs will allow them to cook through the center more. Also, you have all the slits that will hold your ketchup, mustard or sauces and more.
- This recipe is for fully cooked beef franks or hot dogs, not raw meat brats.
- Make sure to lay all them in a single layer in the air fryer basket for even cooking. If you stack them, the top ones will be too close to the heating element. Those hot dog will cook quicker than the bottom ones and most likely burn before the others are cooked.
- You must warm the buns in the air fryer! It’s a game changer! Toasted buns makes the eating experience over the top. Don’t eat the buns cold or hard. It just takes 1 extra minute of air frying time to make the hot dog buns perfect for serving.
- All air fryer beef franks recipe details are in the recipe box below. You’re going to love these cooked hot dogs! Gosh they’re so good and truly the best air fryer hot dogs.
Air Fryer Beef Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 beef franks
- oil spray , for coating hot dogs
Topping Options for Serving
- ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, pickles, jalapeños, sauteed onion, crispy onions or shallots, hot sauce, bell peppers, etc.
- Place the beef franks air fryer basket/tray. Make sure they are in just a single layer.
- Lightly spray beef franks with oil spray to coat.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes. Turn the beef franks.
- Continue to Air Fry for another 2-5 minutes, depending on your preferred texture and size of hot dogs.
- Place the buns in the air fryer. Air Fry for about 30 seconds – 1 minute for the buns to warm and crisp.
- Put beef franks in the buns and serve with your favorite toppings!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Can you air fry frozen beef hot dogs?
Sure you can but the outside will most likely dry out or cook faster than the center of the beef franks. We suggest thawing them first. But if you need to eat right away then microwave the frozen hot dogs first for about 1 minute to soften them. Then pop them in the air fryer for about 1-2 minutes until they’re nice and crisp on the outside.
Favorite toppings for beef franks:
- Crispy bacon is always a favorite!
- sauerkraut and all types of pickles. We love pickled onions!
- All types of cheeses, even a big spoonful of queso and salsa on it is amazing. Queso hot dogs in the air fryer!
- sweet or dill relish
- raw red onion or caramelized
- different types of sauces like bbq sauce, mayo, mustard and …… yes, ketchup!
- what are your other toppings for hot dogs do you like? Let us know in the comments below!
- and here’s a good read about hot dog history
Side Dishes: Easy air fryer recipes to serve with air fried beef franks
- our popular lemon pepper corn on the cob in the air fryer is a great pairing
- air fryer broccoli and cheese
- spicy cauliflower has so much flavor
- We always love a side of potato salad, coleslaw or macaroni salad with our hot dogs in the air fryer