How to cook Frozen Orange Chicken in Air Fryer
We’re obsessed with air fryer frozen orange chicken. Our kitchen staff couldn’t believe a box of air fried frozen orange chicken in the air fryer could turn out so good. These little nuggets were frozen and taken straight from the freezer into the air fryer. Within minutes, we had a bowl of crispy amazing orange chicken. Add the sauce packet and dinner was served! Everyone keep talking about the Trader Joes orange chicken so we bought a different brand to try for ourselves. It was delicious and incredible how easy it was to have orange chicken at home without a bunch of fuss. And just as good as take-out when you’re in a bind and need dinner quick! All recipe details are below in the recipe box.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Orange Chicken
Serve with Rice and Veggies
This easy frozen orange chicken is a perfect quick family meal. Serve it with some white, brown or wild rice. And don’t forget the veggies! Some sautéed or steamed broccoli, carrots or cauliflower are the perfect side dish to complete the meal. Seriously, we were surprised how yummy frozen orange chicken can be. It’s going to be a go-to meal for our staff, especially those who have hungry kids to feed! Be ready to buy a few boxes to have ready in your freezer because it’s super delicious.
Air Fryer Frozen Orange Chicken
- 10 ounces Frozen Orange Chicken (about 2 cups worth)
- Place the frozen orange chicken in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. No oil spray is needed. Set the sauce aside (do not sauce the chicken yet).
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 8 minutes. Shake and flip the chicken pieces over and then continue to cook at 400°F/205°C for another 2-4 minutes or until heated through and crispy.
- Warm the orange sauce in microwave for 1 minute or on stovetop for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Toss cooked chicken with sauce and serve.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen - Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of orange chicken back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the orange chicken might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
More orange chicken recipe inspiration.