Air Fryer Bagel Pizza
If you’re a fan of pizza, make homemade air fryer bagel pizza! Instead of buying pre-made bagel bites, you’ll love eating and making air fried bagel pizza using fresh ingredients.
Homemade Air Fryer Bagel Pizza or Small Bites
The fun part about making homemade bagel bites is that it’s quick and easy in the air fryer. You can use regular size bagels like we did or if you like bagel bites, use the smaller bagels.
Whatever size you choose, you’ll realize how wonderful of a snack or dinner these make. Best of all, it’s a great snack for kids when you’re needing something quick to put on the table.
Video: Air Fried Bagel Pizza
How to Make Air Fryer Bagel Pizza
- The key to making these crispy is to air fry them first without the sauce and toppings. This pre-heats and crisps the bagels. Then when you add the sauce and toppings and start air frying, it makes the bagels even crispier.
- Choose between pizza sauce or marinara/pasta sauce. We actually prefer pasta sauce because it’s more flavorful. Go for the garlic sauces, they’re great!
- Get all your toppings, sauce and cheese ready and veggies chopped.
- With so many different types of bagels, the possibilities are endless.
- All air fried bagel pizza recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Pro Tip: Use an air fryer rack that fits your air fryer to keep the toppings from flying around. The hot circulating air can blow your cheese and toppings off the pizza. These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking
Air Fryer Bagel Pizzas
- 1 bagel , split in half
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (40 g) shredded cheese
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pepperoni, cooked Sausage, Bacon pieces, diced Ham, sliced or diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pineapple, etc.
Other Sauce Options
- BBQ Sauce, Salsa, White (Alfredo) Sauce, Pesto, etc.
- Cut the bagels in half and place each half in the air fryer, cut side down (if air frying multiple bagels, only cook in a single layer – cook in batches if needed). Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for 2 minutes.
- Flip the bagels halves to cut side up. Continue to Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for another 1-2 minutes (if you want the crusts extra crispy – air fry each side an additional minute or two more).
- Add sauce, toppings, and cheese on top of the bagel halves. Lightly spray with oil for extra crispy.
- Cover toppings with an air fryer rack to keep toppings from flying around.
- Air Fry 360°F/182°C for 2-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Try air frying for about 2 minutes first. If you want the top to be crispier, add additional minute or two until the bagel pizzas are crispy and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Make Ahead Bagel Pizza?
Yes, these taste great when re-heated. Just make these ahead of time and allow the to cool completely. When you’re ready to eat, thaw them first then air fry at 360°F for about 5-9 minutes. It’s a great and easy way to have a quick bagel pizza snack.