Air Fried Chicken and Broccoli
This is simple and one of the best air fried chicken and broccoli dishes to make for your family. Kids love this and best of all, there’s something for everyone in it. It’s a healthy chicken and broccoli recipe that’s low carb and keto.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
The onions add some light carbs, but you can certainly leave them out if you want. For the kids, they love chicken and the crispy broccoli. It’s a great way to get the whole family a healthy source of protein and vegetables. Quick, easy and always delicious, chicken and broccoli in the air fryer will be a go-to dinner during the busy weeknights. It’s become one of our most popular recipes because it’s fresh and delicious
Video making Chicken & Broccoli in the Air Fryer
How to Cook Air Fried Chicken and Broccoli
- The onions are optional but they do add great flavor! Make the marinade in a bowl and combine everything together.
- We show 2 different options for cooking the onions and broccoli. One is for medium cooked broccoli and onions. The second options shows how to cook the recipe to have crispy charred broccoli.
- Use fresh broccoli, it tastes so much better. But if you want to use frozen broccoli
- All the rest of the recipe details and photos are in the recipe box below with other important air frying instructions.
Can you Freeze This Chicken and Broccoli Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this healthy chicken and broccoli. This is a great make ahead recipe for meal planning. It thaws great and when you re-heat it in the microwave the flavors are just as good. Only issue we’ve run into is that you can’t really make alot at once because it depends on the size of your air fryer. So if you have a small air fryer that means you’ll have to cook these in multiple batches for meal planning. Thanks so much friends, and happy air frying to you!
Air Fryer Chicken, Broccoli, and Onions
- 1 pound (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs , cut into 1-inch bites sized pieces
- 1/4-1/2 pound (113-227 g) broccoli , cut into florets (1-2 cups)
- 1/2 onion , sliced thick
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil or grape seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) fresh minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce , or to taste (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) rice vinegar (use distilled white vinegar for Gluten Free)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sea salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- serve with lemon wedges , optional
Air Frying Option #1: Regular Cooked Broccoli
- Make Marinade: In a bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, optional hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- In bowl add chicken. In a second bowl add broccoli and onions. Divide the marinade between the two bowls, stirring to coat each completely.
- Air Fry: Add just the chicken to the air fryer basket/tray. Air Fry at 380°F/195°C for 10 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and onions with the chicken (make sure to include all the marinade). Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/195°C for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Make sure to stir halfway through cooking so broccoli gets cooked evenly.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Add fresh lemon juice on top (optional) and serve warm.
Air Frying Option #2: Extra Crispy, Charred Broccoli
- Combine chicken, broccoli and onion in bowl. Toss ingredients together.
- Make Marinade: In a bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, optional hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken, broccoli and onions to the marinade. Stir thoroughly to combine the marinade with chicken, broccoli and onions.
- Air Fry: Add ingredients to air fryer basket/tray. Air Fry 380°F/195°C for 16-20 minutes, shaking and gently tossing halfway through cooking. Make sure to toss so that everything cooks evenly. Check chicken to make sure it’s cooked through. If not, cook for additional 3-5 minutes.
- If needed, season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Add fresh lemon juice on top (optional) and serve warm.
Shake or turn as directed in the recipe. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
Recipes were tested in 3.4 to 6 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Here’s some more cool chicken recipes.