Air Fryer Impossible Burgers (From Fresh)
Impossible Burgers that are Plant based, vegan and a great burger alternative from regular beef. Our air fryer impossible burgers recipe is simple. Follow our tips and step by step photos when air frying Impossible burgers from fresh. These air fried impossible burgers have so much flavor and they’re super easy.
What is Impossible Meat?
It’s not real meat and it’s a plant based, meatless alternative for protein. The company says on their website “Impossible Burger is made from proteins, flavors, fats, and binders. The key difference from your average beef burger? Our ingredients are derived from plants. ” It’s a vegan and vegetarian substitute for ground beef.
Air Fryer Impossible Burgers Recipe (Fresh)
Our simple vegan recipe for air fryer impossible burgers uses fresh impossible ground meat from the 12 oz package. We like to add extra seasoning to the impossible meat for more flavor. We shape the mix into patties and then air fry the impossible meat patties. The juicy and crisp texture is amazing! Want to try something different? You can make the patties to what ever size you want from sliders to meatballs.
Can You Air Fry Frozen Impossible Burger Patties?
Yes, you definitely can! Impossible burgers are also sold in pre-formed patties. They are usually sold frozen as a two, six or eight pack. You can definitely learn how to air fry frozen Impossible burger patties easily. Check out our detailed instructions on–> How to air fry frozen Impossible burger patties.
Video: How to Air Fry Impossible Burgers (Fresh)
Tips on How to Make Air Fried Impossible Burgers Recipe
- If you bought your Impossible meat that’s ground already and it was frozen, allow it to thaw first. Then you can form your patties once they are thawed.
- Additional seasonings: Add your favorite seasonings in the plant based meat. We had garlic powder for a nice garlic flavor. Some other ideas to add for flavor add are onion powder, ground cumin, chili flakes, lemon pepper or dried herbs. There’s so many flavor possibbfilaites.
- Consistent patty size: Make sure to form your patties to the same even size. That way, they will cook evenly and at the same time.
- Want to make it a cheeseburger? If you’re adding cheese, press it into the cooked patty so that it sticks to the patty. This keeps the cheese from flying off the patty during air frying. Then air fry for about 1 minute until the cheese melts. If you’re using vegan plant based cheese, it might not melt the same as dairy based cheese.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Easy Ideas for Burger Toppings
You can make a plant based burger party! Just add all your sides and toppings and it’s an instant vegan burger bar.
- Sauces: mayo, hot sauce, bbq sauce, ranch dressing.
- If you like buffalo wing flavor, then drizzle some buffalo sauce on the burger.
- Sliced raw onions or sautéed your onions.
- Different types of cheeses like smoked gouda, pepper jack, fresh mozzarella.
- Different types of greens: arugula, spinach, chopped kale, butter leaf lettuce, ice berg, green leaf
Air Fryer Impossible™ Burgers (from Fresh)
- 12 oz. (340 g) Impossible™ Burger
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder , optional
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- oil spray , for coating
- 3 Buns
- Optional – cheese, pickles, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, cooked bacon, etc.
- In a bowl, combine the Impossible™ Burger with optional garlic powder, mixing until just combined (if using pre-formed patties, just sprinkle garlic powder on top). Form 3 equal sized patties about 4-inches wide. Spray or brush both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. (Tip: lightly oil your hands so the patties stick less to your hands when forming)
- Spray air fryer basket or rack with oil. Carefully lay patties in the air fryer in a single layer. Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.
- Flip the patties and continue cooking for about 3-6 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature is 160°F/71°C. Timing will vary depending on thickness of patties and individual air fryer model.
- For Cheeseburgers: add the slices of cheese on top of the cooked patties. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Warm the buns in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for about 1 minute.
- Serve on buns, topped with your favorite burger toppings.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
6 Comments on “Air Fryer Impossible Burgers (From Fresh)”
I really love how easy these were to cook. Impossible burgers have been my go-to alternative for regular burgers and they taste sooo good.
So happy to find this recipe. It’s so awesome that we could cook them in 15 minutes.
I’ll be cooking this all Summer long. I’ve been looking for a delicious choice for my cookouts.
I haven’t missed regular beef since coming across this recipe. Tastes absolutely amazing and really happy that I could cook this in the air fryer.
I just started a vegan diet and this recipe has really been a great help. My air fryer cooks the impossible burger perfectly.
I just recently discovered impossible burgers and they’ve been great. It’s even better to know I could cook these in the air fryer.